Chapter 2: Wedding Invitations

Listen to the song above!

I don't want to marry...

Honestly I don't have any problem but I'm focusing on my career right now. I don't believe in love so it doesn't matter who I'm getting married to because from childhood I think that eventually people fall in love after marriage. I mean my parents did the same thing. There marriage was arranged but not for a business deal or something else. Gradually with time they did fall in love. God they are so in love that they can't get through the day without exchanging few cheesy words!

And that's so irritating. I have stopped believing in love since one particular incident that turned my life upside down. There was some hope that in future maybe I will fall in love again with my husband but I guess that's never going to happen with my closed off behaviour! Never in a million years I will love my so-called husband who married me just because of a business deal.

When I stopped with my internal rant I got up from my bed to take a shower. It's currently 5 in the morning. Don't get your hopes high! I'm not a morning person it's just that, last night I didn't sleep at all. I was thinking about the business deal, position of CEO and about the man I'm going to marry. What was his name again? Weed. No Leed. No......Reed! Yeah

How can someone name his child Reed! I mean it's not a bad name but based on your accent people can interpret something different.

Quick shower changed to long hot relaxing shower. Scrubbing my body with lavender body wash, again I started thinking about my father's company. I'm the youngest person in the house and I have two other siblings. Eldest one is my sister Rebecca and middle one is my brother Robert.

Now you people must be thinking why my father made me the heiress and not them? Yes because they weren't interested. They wanted to follow their passion. So Rebecca is a very famous actress whereas Robert is the General in the army of the United States of America.

I came out of the shower, wrapped a towel and exited the bathroom. I was in my walk-in closet, selecting my today's outfit when I received a call from my sister.

"Hello lady!", I said.

"Oh hey, Lays! Are you still up for a coffee?"

"Sure! Meet you at the new cafe in 30 minutes," I replied and hung up the call after saying our goodbyes.

I picked a two piece set. A white turtle neck top, a checkered mini skirt and a matching over coat. I decided to apply a little bit of make-up as it was still morning and I don't want to cake my face up with heavy make up. I left my hair down and straightened it and wore grey coloured thigh high boots.