Sorry Is All I Can Say

Start from the beginning

"What happened with Alex?" M'gann questioned as she continued to wipe down the countertops.

I waved her off, mumbling, "Coma," M'gann's eyes grew wide as she muttered apologies. She made sure I stayed in the building until Laurel arrived. As Laurel made it to the bar, she grabbed me by the arm, a somewhat angry look on her face. She murmured apologies to M'gann as I was dragged out of the bar and to Laurel's apartment. (PSA: LAUREL DIDN'T DIE IN THIS FIC)

Laurel helped me onto the couch, and I realized there was someone else here. Sara.

Laurel started to speak, "Kara, does your boyfriend know your whereabouts? And does Alex know? Does your cousin know?" Sara grabbed a glass of water and handed it to me ordering me to drink the water.

I laughed, "Boyfriend? Nooo! I don't have- a boyfriend! I have a girlf-" I hiccuped, "-riend! Alex is sleepinggg! Wayyy passed out," I laughed.

"I hope she wakes up th-ough," I sighed, "Please don't call Kal,"

Sara sighed, "Do you live with Lena?" I nodded. Laurel furrowed her eyebrows in confusion before her sister explained.

"Kara's bi. Lena's her girlfriend," Sara explained. Laurel nodded. Sara plucked my phone from my pocket, calling Lena and putting her on speaker.

Lena

"Kara, where the fuck have you been? It's been two hours since you just up and left, I'm worried!"

I put my head down, facing the floor as my girlfriend's voice sobered me up just a small bit as I hiccuped again.

Sara

"Kara's with Laurel and me. She's in good hands for the night, she got drunk off her ass. Is everything alright between you two?"

The world around me was spinning. At this point, I couldn't tell which one of the two figures was Laurel and which one was Sara.

Lena

"She got drunk? And... I'm not sure right now. She just left. I don't think she wants to see me... is it fine if she stays with you two for the night?"

Sara

"Of course, anything for a friend. I'll bring her back soon. Thanks,"

Lena

"Thank you for calling to tell me where she's at... could you tell her that 1) She owes me an explanation for what just happened, and 2) I love her?"

Sara

"She heard you,"

I laughed, another hiccup coming out of my mouth.

Kara

"Love y-you too, Lee,"

The phone hung up, and Laurel sat next to me, glaring at her sister, who was holding back a laugh.

"Hey, there's an ear-earthquake, world is... spinnnning!" I giggled. Sara muffled a laugh as Laurel looked pissed beyond belief.

"Go to sleep, we'll talk about this in the morning," Laurel instructed, helping me lay down. I nodded and let myself sleep.

.

.

.

As I sat up, I groaned, holding my head in my hands. Sara handed me a yellow sun boost pill, to which I thanked her for. A few minutes later, I felt a lot better. But then I realized what I had done. I broke my promise to my sister. I promised Alex I wouldn't do this...