Crossfires

Lena

I waited for Superman's response to my words. Kara's hand gripped mine, her fingers threading between mine and squeezing gently with comfort.

"I trust you," Superman told me and I nodded, "welcome to the family, Lena. Please, call me Kal," I smiled, and I felt Kara let go of my hand. I offered my hand to Sup- Kal, and he grabbed it quickly, and I expected a handshake, but he met me with a warm hug.

"Oh, so you are huggers," I noted and Kara stifled a laugh, grabbing my hand once more, lifting our hands to press a gentle but caring kiss to my knuckles.

"And Kara is completely in love with you," Kal stated, humor lacing his voice. Lois chuckled deeply, and I saw Alex through the corner of my eye standing beside Maggie, her girlfriend.

"I... uh..." Kara stuttered out, her face becoming a shade of pink and I laughed at her awkwardness. She had been a complete mess when she first walked into my office, and I found that adorable.

"You're adorable," I whispered into her ear, and she smiled dorkily. I turned back to Kal and Lois, only to see Lois practically swallowing Kal's face.

"Oh, god," I muttered and led Kara out of the room before she could see her cousin's face being eaten. Kara smiled as soon as we rounded the corner, letting go of my hand, only to place it on my hip and turning her head to the right.

I turned my head to my left, only to bonk our noses together. She laughed and I rubbed my nose. That girl's skin is literally steel.

"Let's try this again," I laughed and turned my head to my right, and she turned hers to her right, and our lips met, crashing together. My hands moved to the nape of her neck, pulling her closer to me.

She giggled, and I bit her lip gently. Her giggles ceased at the sensation, and she let a quiet whimper let loose into my mouth, and I smirked, pulling away. I tugged lightly at her cape, dragging her into a room.

"You, Kara Danvers, are a bottom," I told her before pulling her in to kiss her again once our privacy was secured. She laughed and kissed me back, her hands wrapping around my waist. I moved my hands to her ass, and she let out an audible gasp.

"What about we finish this la-" my sentence was cut off by the DEO alarms blaring red, and I heard Kara mutter something under her breath. She grabbed my arm, bringing us to the control center as quickly as she could. Alex and Ha- J'onn, were at the circle that stood in the middle of the control center, Winn working at a computer.

"An alien escaped. We're in lockdown," J'onn simply stated, and Kara nodded seriously. Alex and Kara shared a look, and J'onn looked over to Winn, who was typing furiously at the keyboard.

"All locked up, boss," Winn stated proudly, and I heard Kara yell something, throwing herself in front of me, tackling me to the ground. I saw an alien, a large alien gun in his hands.

"Alex! Get Lena to safety," Kara ordered and I was ushered to a safe spot, watching Kara fight the alien from afar. She threw a left uppercut, only to be met with a jab to the side, and then I saw it.

A green glowing substance was radiating from the alien's body, and I knew what it was. Kryptonite. Kara fell to her knees, her veins glowing green. I saw a flash of blue and red, and I saw no more of the alien.

J'onn ran up to Kara, helping her up as she assured him that she's alright. She dashed off to help her cousin. Minutes later, I saw a detained alien being escorted back to its cell. I walked back to Kara briskly.

Her arms wrapped around me protectively, her cape sealing any form of visual on the two of us, I saw a tear fall from her cheek.

"I thought I lost you there, Lee," her voice cracked slightly and I cursed under my breath, unable to see my girlfriend like this.