"Don't lump me in with you. I'm not the one who decide to mate with Michelle and reject our mate. It was you and your brother's fault."

"Look, let's just focus on the situation at hand. I promise I'll try to win her back after this."

"And what about your precious mate Michelle?" Zac ask sarcastically.

"I'll think a way of telling her."

Zac is satisfied from my answer and decide not to reply. But still, I don't like the fact that there are many unmated wolves stand to close to her.

I move my gaze towards her and there she is. She stand bravely among the royal guards, as if she's the one leading them.

Her red hair is tied into a braid. Her eyes is strong showing no hesitation and is ready for whatever come towards her.

I must have stared too long, because she also turn her gaze towards me. The moment her eyes meet mine, I couldn't help but feel weird.

My wolf is over the moon and he's showing his wolfish grin. But as quickly it happened, she tore her gaze away with a cold expression.

Not going to lie, but it hurts. Zac's attitude is back and he continue to blame and throw whatever insults at me.

Edith's POV.

Standing plainly in the open clear field, I took a deep breath and let out a long sigh. Preparing myself for the battle to come.

The Alphas have ordered their members to form a buddy system. They'll need to protect his or her partner throughout the combat.

If one were to fall, the other member must join another team quickly to ensure their protection.

"This buddy system is genius! Why haven't we been using it!" Sierra claimed.

"I'll make sure to bring it up with Riley once we got back." I replied.

While I'm at it, I take a look at my surrounding. The surrounding is tense and I could see that several warriors have fear covering their expression.

By the looks of it, this could be their first ever battle. I used to have that expression when I first head out to battle.

I was eighteen when we got ambushed by rogues during my weekly borders check. I didn't know what to do and I freeze in my place fearing for what will happened to me and the others.

Luckily Sierra isn't afraid and she quickly bring me to my consciousness. I manage to kill several rogues thanks to Sierra's help.

At first, I feel worse for taking another life. But if I didn't defend myself, I would be the one killed.

The patter of paws hitting the ground are getting even stronger. All of the pack members start to shift and position themselves near their buddy.

My ex-mates wolves have an auburn fur. They have some white fur patches alongside their bodies. Their wolves are huge, telling others that they're the alphas.

Then, the howl for started. The pack members howls warning the rogues to get out of their territory. If they persist, all of them won't be spared.

The patter didn't stop and getting even closer meaning that they will continue their invasion. Not long after, we can see rogues, around a hundred of them charging towards us.