However, as soon as we took it and Sana began to sign it,
"No sign sheet would be given to late comers!"Ma'am announced and Sana froze. We also exchanged glances.

"Who sent the sign sheet there? Late comers won't get to sign anymore." She scolded and we reluctantly kept the sheet aside.

Shit! Should've listened to Nadia and bunked.

Ma'am was about to start lecturing us for coming late always, that's when we heard a voice from outside-
"Excuse me Ma'am"

Ma'am stopped and went outside.
I let out a sigh.

"Bach gaye"(we're saved!) Afreen grinned.

"Ha yaar!" (yeah dude!) I smiled.

Ashna was silently laughing at us sitting at our original place. I scowled at her. Nadia was silent like always. Wonder what's going on in her head. Maybe another story idea...hehe.

Four boys walked past our bench and went up on the dias. I didn't pay any attention at first on their faces. I looked at their uniform. Oh wow! They're from an MBA college. Seniors?!

"Hello Everyone!" One of the guys said and I casually looked up at him and almost had a mini heart attack.

'It's HIM!!!? No way!'

His eyes stopped at me as he was casually observing his audience and even he froze. We just kept on staring at each other dumbstruck.

His friend tapped on his shoulder from behind and we broke eye contact abruptly.
'Shit! What was I doing?'
He cleared his throat and began his speech.

So basically he was here to advertise about his college and the various courses.
He avoided looking into my direction at all times. I was quite flustered myself but I just couldn't stop myself from looking at him. God! He's so handsome. His face, his personality, OMG his hair!!! The way he moves his hands while explaining and his voice - Ah! So manly...Then I realised what I was thinking . Astaghfirullah!

He finished his part and was looking all around but at times I caught him stealing glances at me. It made my heart flutter.

They were done soon enough and were leaving . I didn't want him to leave.

The remaining 3 hours, I was just lost in his thoughts. Usually I'm quite the chatterbox but today, I wasn't really talking or paying attention to my girls.

Our lectures were over and we were all leaving. There were still 15 minutes left for the next bus so I guess my girls were taking their time and walking like zombies. I couldn't catch up to their incredible speed.

"Kitna slow chalte tum log. Tortoise bhi aage nikal ke jaayega. Mai jaa rahi hu aage." (You guys walk soo slow. Even a tortoise can outrun you. I'm going ahead!)

"Ha jaa jaa tortoise." (Ok go go u tortoise.) Ashna said. I ignored them and started walking.

As I exited the building, I saw HIM standing near the library entrance. He was trying to leave but his friends were stopping him and hitting him playfully.
It might be my imagination but I think they were gesturing towards me. His eyes met mine and I quickly looked away gasping.

'What's wrong with me!?'

I started walking fast towards the gate.

"Rahina!"

My heart skipped and I froze as his shy hesitant voice called me.

_____________________________

Assalamualaikum Everyone!

How was the first chapter? It was very short I know. Well, there isn't much here but the story will progress further no worries!

This chapter is my favourite though and I find myself reading it again and again as it reminds me of our good old college days 🤤😢

This was literally how our college morning started. Me fussing about ditching the lectures. Us coming late and professors scowling at us as we sneaked in on our seats hanging our head low, then when the professors turned to the board we used to turn to eachother and laugh about it. Waiting to steal the attendance sheet. Then spacing out into our own world during half of the lecture.
Then going to Kaki's stall for vadapav and sometimes that yummy misal. Uff.... those were the days. 😭

Anyways, it's time for new beginnings now. Those times are just good memories now to cherish.

2020 will finally be over giving us a lot of bitter but some sweet memories too. Now that 2021 is coming... let's pray this year and the years after that are more peaceful and happy for all of us. Ameen!

May Allah bless you all my dear sisters.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.