We Need To Talk

Hey guys, we need to talk.

I know that you guys like this story, and I'm super glad and grateful that you guys have supported it! But, you guys demanding an update is not how you go about it. I enjoy writing as a hobby, and the pressure to make a new chapter is really frustrating. I haven't updated because life isn't great all the time. I understand that reading fanfiction is your escape, but writing is mine and turning it from a hobby to a job is making it unpleasant for me.

Speaking of unpleasant, we need to discuss how you guys have been joking about the characters in my stories.

Don't.

I know that some of you are just teasing, but you don't clarify that you're making a joke. Simply putting an "lol" "XD" or /j at the end completely changes the tone of what you are saying, but you don't do that. It comes across as genuine hate that I don't feel like dealing with. This makes updating feel like a chore and is very upsetting. I was dealing with this with Addison, who is a personification of my real friend, people were just shitting on her and it made me feel horrible.

Then there are the critiques. There is a right way and a wrong way to tell me I made a mistake, let's look at the stallion for a second. I made a small mistake by calling the mare in my story a stallion, a rather inconsequential detail. There were some who made helpful comments, like "oh, just so you know, a stallion is actually a male horse :)", but there were many more who were yelling at me over something that wasn't even a focal point. This also makes me push off updating.

And before you come at me with "it's on the internet, expect criticism", do not try and tell me that every critique comes from a place of good. There is a right and wrong way to do either. If I show my art on a cover, that does not mean that I want you to tell me everything wrong about it. If I want criticism, I will ask for it from friends and family, not strangers on the internet. Even something like spelling, which I don't know anyone who spells everything perfectly all the time. If it's something that is border-line comically wrong, it's fine, but don't be aggressive about it.

To those who are annoyed that I didn't mark this as (A/N), if you're mad at anything I said you are probably the one who needed to hear it.

In short, think about what you say before you send it.