CHAPTER 3

There is an OC in this story, FINAL WARNING. This is your LAST CHANCE to leave this story if you don't like that. There will be zero tolerance to hate, and don't be bitter if you get called out or your comment gets deleted.

Dream POV:

I was still in shock from what the man said, spiraling at the thought that we were stuck here. I was relieved to hear that at least there were more people here, if they're still alive that is...

"Guys, we need to get some shelter." Terra frowned, looking at the sky.

"Yeah. Let's find a village or cave quick." Sapnap agreed. I only nodded, lost in thought. We started walking, I could hear the two chatting as we wandered. Sapnap and Terra were close, they were the first people to find each other, so they were a bit closer. If there were others, would there be a way to track them down? I know that we were able to program the compasses to follow a person irl, but I don't think that will work here. Not to mention, I don't even remember how we did it. Maybe we'd find some in chests on our adventure?

"Dream?" my train of thought was broken. I looked up to see Terra looking at me worried "You've been pretty quiet, are you alright?" I shook my head a bit.

"Yeah, sorry, I was just thinking about what that creep said." I shrugged looking at the ground. "Hey, don't worry about it!" I was almost taken down as Sapnap threw an arm around my shoulders, grabbing Terra with his other "We have each other, and we've gotta find the others eventually!" He grinned, tightening the hug. Terra giggled a bit before pulling away and I smiled, looking between the two. It didn't last long, my mind trailing back to the man.

"You have any coal, Sapnap?" Terra asked. He dug around his inventory before nodding "You guys want torches?" we nodded and Sapnap got to work , giving us both a torch. We walked in silence, looking for shelter, keeping an eye out for monsters.

"Should we see how strong the mobs are?" Sapnap asked suddenly. Terra and I both froze in place, looking at each other in shock for a moment.

"Are you mentally deficient?!" I snapped, looking at him incredulously. He seemed to shrink back a bit "Sapnap, if we die we're leaving the other players with no backup! Do you even want to get out of here?!" I asked, not noticing how loud my voice was getting. Sapnap looked at the ground, simply muttering a sorry.

Terra stepped between us, pushing me back a bit. "No Sapnap, don't apologize. We're all tired and stressed, and the man's words are getting to us." she said, eyeing me and nodding at him. "yeah... that's on me.... Sorry about that." I said, turning my sight towards the ground. I was shocked to feel a hand on my shoulder, I looked up to see Sapnap smiling at me "it's okay." The tender moment was ruined by one noise.

Hissssssss

"RUN!" Sapnap yelled, his hand on my shoulder now dragging me along as I clumsily grasped for Terra's hand. We eventually got our footing and ran, sprinting through the trees as arrows blurred past us. We eventually got to a small clearing and paused, keeping one eye open as we tried to catch our breath.

"We....need to...find.....a cave...NOW!" Terra gasped between pants. Terra's eyes widened as she pulled out her sword and charged past me, burying it in a zombie's chest that was too close for comfort. I stumbled back, only for a loud, animalistic hiss to grab my attention. I turned and swung my sword, hitting a spider back away from me. It crept along, leaping as it continued to spit at me, not venom fortunately. It almost got me a couple of times, but I eventually was able to plunge my sword through its abdomen. I backed up only to feel myself walk into something, looking over my shoulder frantically only to see I was now back to back with Sapnap and Terra. We all shared a nod and turned back to our respective fights as more mobs crawled out between the trees.