CHAPTER 7 (D)

*cough cough* an update on time *cough*
Dream POV:
When I woke up it was silent. The sun was barely rising, I threw my covers off and stood up. I went over to the furnace in hopes to find some food, to my luck there was so mutton, two to be exact. I sat down next to the furnace and ate one, I scanned the room for a moment but realized Y/n was gone. I looked out the window behind me, I didn't see anything but some mind scattered here and there. I went to another window, and at first, I saw the same thing a few mobs here and there but then I saw someone come into view, it was Y/n. She was fighting a zombie, I grabbed my sword, and shield running out the door I didn't even bother to wake up the others. She was in the middle of an open field and more mobs had taken notice of her. A skeleton was aiming at her, but she was still dealing with the zombie I had to do something! As I got closer she looked so concentrated on the walker but to my surprise, she spun around in time to block the arrow. Then she turned back around and tabbed the zombie in the head, it disappeared. Y/n then pulled out a bow and shot the skeleton in the head and it also disappeared. I had stopped running, I was shocked at how fast she was, she had noticed me standing here, a smile appeared on her face.

"Hey." She greeted. My mouth was still open in awe.

"Wow..." I breathed out. "Ho- what?" I was trying to wrap my head around everything I just witnessed.

"What? Can a girl not be good at combat?" She questioned as she walked closer.

"No, it's not that, it's just..." I trailed off.

"It's just, what?" She began to mock a clear smile plastered on her face

"It's just that you were so fast. And how did you know there was a skeleton?" I stared at her waiting for an answer.

"Well before I even began to fight I scanned the area, I picked battles I knew I would win. And that skeletons been trying to shot me since I got out here." She explained now walking back to the village. I slowly followed behind her.

"Why did you go alone?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Because I didn't want to wake anyone up. Besides we needed some supplies, like string and bones."

"Did you fight any creepers?"

"Hahaha nope." She let out a nervous laugh and turned to look at me. "That battles a wild card, I wouldn't take the chance."

We made our way back to the house, Terra was up waiting for us to return. Once we got inside she began to scold us, saying that 'it's dangerous to go outside when it's dark' and stuff like that.

Y/n played it cool, "It wasn't like we were alone, Dream was with me. He had my back." She looked at me and gave me a wink. I blushed slightly, 'Why am I blushing, it was just a wink what the heck! Brain stop overthinking!' I mentally face palmed myself, but I hadn't even realized that Terra was talking to me.

"Dream why are you so red in the face? Do you have a fever?" There was something about her tone of voice that didn't sound like concern, I looked up to her, she was smirking. My eyes widened, thank God I had a mask on to hide my surprise. 'Does she know? How does she know that I wasn't with Y/n or that I think she's cute?! Aahhh' I was panicking.

"No no I'm fine, I'm just a little hot from doing all that fighting hehehe." I tried to sound convincing but I'm pretty sure my laugh gave it away.

"Sure." She whispered as she walked away. Y/n had already made it back to her bed and layed down. I walked around the room for a minute then went to my own bed and sat down.

●●●●●

Once everyone was awake Terra made us go outside into the field where Y/n and our interaction earlier. Terra was telling everyone what their tasks were.

"Okay so does anyone want go exploring and find clay?" She asked. I raised my hand.

"Oh okay then Y/n and Dream you two can go do that today." She said with a smile, I looked over to see Y/n's hand in the air, she was also looking at me, we simultaneously brought our hands back down. Then Terra spoke again, "The three of us will look for more food since we keep running out by the end of the day. And we should probably start doing some mining. But I think we should leave that till tomorrow." Everyone agreed, we all went our seperate ways. We took anything we might need, wood, food, even our beds incase we got stuck somewhere. We headed in the opposite direction of which we came from originally.

Y/n and I made some small talk and made some jokes as we walked. We tried to remember anything about our past but it was in vein. After a while we walked in silence, but I spoke first. "Hey, Y/n." I began.

"Yeah?" She responded looking at me as we walked through a forest.

"Do you think we'll make it?" I asked, she took a moment to answer.

"I think we will... I really do hope we will." She answers. Y/n always try to stay positive in certain situations. I was about to say something else but I was cut off by a gasp.

"Dream look! It's a flower forest!" She ran ahead when she saw the flowers scattered across the land. A chuckle escaped my mouth when I saw her excitement, I slowly followed behind her, I scanned the area aswell. The colors were more vibrant than I remember. I saw a single white tulip among a cluster of pink ones, I picked up the singular white tulip and kept it in my hand. A small smile crept on my face, I saw Y/n looking at all the other flowers but this one felt special.

"Hey Y/n." I began as I walk towards her, I had caught her attention. "I want you to have this..." I say as I hand the flower to her, her cheeks became pink and a smile followed. She took the flower from my hand and looked into my eyes(even though I had my mask on), it felt like the whole world had stopped. Why do I always feel different around her? To be more specific what was I feeling?

Could it be...
"Love?"

Hi! Wow um tbh this was not the original plan for this chapter but I like it(I might add some stuff later <maybe>)! And this is a semi on time update, and I gotta go to sleep now because my mom is catching onto me sleeping late. Whoops lol

Also just curious, would you guys like a discord server to chat on?🤔
Let me know in the comments plz

BUT! I hope u enjoyed this chapter focused on you and Dream! (I'm a hug simp for Dweam💙) ok gn yall!