Chapter 4 | Caught

Start from the beginning

"Drink it?" He says as if it's the stupidest thing he's ever heard.

"I'm not thirsty." I say bluntly and shove it back to him.

Aaron seems bemused by the fact that I don't fall for whatever cheap trick he has up his sleeve. I've never fallen for them before, why would I fall for them now? I make my way around him and head towards the entrance of the school.

"Don't worry Aaron, she probably doesn't want it because it's not the size of a cow." One of the girls remark gingerly. As usual, it earns no desired reaction from me.

The school doors are ahead and I'm only so close, but then my eyes drift away from them and find everyone staring in the direction of the best spots in the parking lot.

Besides the staff's parking spaces, which are located else where, the only other spaces you shouldn't take are those of the Royals. Yes, you heard that correctly. The Royals. There are only four spots; one for Collin, one for Jake, one for Malissa and Alison who usually arrive together and, unquestionably the best spot in the entire parking lot for Declan.

Speaking of which, they've arrived.

Collin Harrington parks in first. He's driving a blood red Ashton Martin today with silver rims, definitely not the same vehicle he drove to school yesterday.

Alison and Malissa are next to park in Alison's blue Jeep, after them is Jake in a white Lamborghini and following in suit is Declan.

Declan's car is a demon black Arden AJ23 SVR, an f-type Jaguar and is the most recognisable car in our school, seeing as everyone knows who it belongs to. It is pretty much an omen of death.

"Is Alison wearing the latest Kera ensemble?" Hearing that snaps me back to reality.

Why am I still here?

I turn my head around and walk right through the doors just as the bell rings and I realise I've yet to collect my textbooks. Great.

•••

Here I am, sitting in the library for my personal study time in my fourth period. There's almost no one here besides myself and the librarian, Mrs Meg, an older aged woman with neat greying hair pinned into a bun. She wears glasses and always dresses in blouses with long skirts. Her sharp eyes are a heavy green and her skin is fair. Mrs Meg is an iron fist that calls for silence and neatness. She never hesitates to scold anyone who don't belong in the library and is pretty ruthless.

"If you're not here to read or study... get out."

Isn't she an angel?

My conscious has fallen into the world of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. I'm listening to Lacrimosa and reading a biography I found in the arts' section. I don't know when I started having an interest in classical music, but it must have been some time after arriving here last year. Something about listening to instrumentals and orchestra is pleasing and gentle.

I find myself enchanted by Mozart's beginning, so much that I completely forget that I'm in school and not at home and that my wig is itchy... until I hear a loud thud and am brought back to reality.

Mrs Meg stares down at me, a thick textbook in hand and a look of displeasure on her face.

"Miss Justice, could you keep your volume down?" She asks with a harsh whisper, although there is nobody else around.