And In My Arms, She Lies

Start from the beginning

"Brainy, it was a pleasure meeting you. I hope that we could collaborate in the future. Thank you," she spoke before leaving the cold lab with Winn, meeting Alex in the locker rooms. Maggie was standing beside Alex as the couple bickered back and forth. Lena stood at the door to the locker rooms, waiting for the two to stop arguing.

She couldn't help but listen in on the argument as Maggie spoke, not noticing the scientist's arrival, "Alex, you can't just leave on a suicide mission without telling me! You're going to get yourself killed... and I couldn't ever live with myself knowing that I let you go on a mission that is bound to get you hurt!"

"Maggie, I understand that you're worried about me, but it's for Kara! My baby sister! I promised myself that I would never let my damn baby sister die, even if I got hurt in the process," the director argued.

Maggie crossed her arms, "Kara is just like a baby sister to me, too. I understand that you're doing this for Kara, but... why would you even consider leaving without telling me?" She had a hurt expression plastered on her face.

"Because I knew you wouldn't let me go."

Lena knew how much Alex loved Maggie, as Maggie loved Alex, too. Sure, the two had arguments, but that was a part of relationships. She, herself, had had many arguments with Kara, some were serious, and some were just ridiculous. 

"Maggie... listen. Kara might actually kill me for telling you this, but... I need to tell you. In college, Kara had a drinking problem. It's why she hardly ever drinks anymore. She- she spiraled into a dark void. Each night... each night she would wake up from her dreams, screaming and sobbing. I moved into her dorm and comforted her each and every night once I found out from her roommate about her nightmares. A- and..." the agent trailed off, tears forming in her eyes as she struggled to maintain her composure.

"Al, I'm so sorry..." Maggie started to speak, yet her statement was cut off by her lover.

Alex shook her head, "That's not all. As I said, I moved in with her... each night after I would get back from my late classes, I would find Kara, my baby sister, on the couch. She would always have alien alcohol with her, tears streaming down her face, and she was always drunk off her ass. Yes, Kara was a drunk. She had more addictions. She... she self-harmed using Kryptonite," Lena's hand shot up to cover a gasp as the director continued, "she smoked Kryptonian pot and did Kryptonian drugs. She was broken, Mags..."

Lena stood there in disbelief at what she had heard about her girlfriend. She didn't know. Kara never told her anything about what Alex had just revealed. 

Nonetheless, Alex continued, "Soon enough, I had to put a stop to it. So, I told Kal. He made sure that her fake ID was confiscated and all Kryptonian drugs were locked up in the Fortress of Solitude. I took away all the Kryptonite she had and Kal locked it up. It took me a while to get my sister to where she is now... and it would all go to waste if I can't save her now," 

Maggie nodded, and Lena left the room silently. The couple didn't even realize that Lena was there. The CEO needed a minute to take the newly-revealed information in.

.

.

.

Ten minutes later, Alex and Maggie appeared in the main control center in front of Lena, who handed Alex the super-suit she had requested. Alex quickly thanked Lena, moving back to the locker rooms.

Lena's eyebrows were knitted together as she stared at the white panel of the circle-shaped table in the main control center. Her fingers tapped on the table before she felt a hand over hers. It was Maggie's.