Chatper Fiv

"Miss. Miss. Wake up." Hophelia heard as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. "You need to get ready! Beta Brandon has assigned me to help you." She explained, and memories of the previous knight flooded Hophelia's mind.

"Oh shit ! shit ! shit !" I exclaimed getting up and running to the bathroom. I almost tripped since I wasn't wearing my glasses yet. "I don't understand why you humans are so weak." Anabelle said.

Hophelia rolled her eyes and started preparing herself. She found it quite fun to have someone help her with the preparations. She felt like a queen...or in this case, a Luna.

Finally ready, she let the omega maid lead her outside the room to an office where Brandon was waiting for them.

"Thank you Mathilda. You can go now." He said, dismissing the maid before taking her place and escorting Hophelia to Alpha Xavier's study.

"You know...He might seem a bit cold, but he has a good heart. I'm sure you'll get through to him." He said trying to comfort her.

She didn't like how it sounded. It's like he was pitying her for the rejection and she always hated that. It reminded her of the days when she used to be bullied in highschool back when she was living with her mother in the city. The jocks would all make fun of her and the few people who didn't bully her would stare at her with pity in their eyes.

"We're there." She heard Brandon say, waking her up from her thoughts. "Good luck" he whispered and he opened the door for her.

She lifted her head high up and walked inside the room. She could smell Xavier's heavy and delicious manly scent in the air, as she spotted him, standing by the window of the study, his muscled arms behind his back.

She spent a moment, marvelling at his  shoulder length dark waves, and the rippled muscles of his back and legs. The man seemed built to kill, which understandably earned him the title of most dangerous werewolf in the world.

And even with his horrible character, Hophelia couldn't help but feel attracted to the man standing in front of her. The mate bond had such a strong impact on both her and her wolf, all thanks to the Moon Goddess' clever way of keeping her children's lineage.

He turned to face her, his back now to the window, and slowly made his way towards her.

Hophelia felt her heart beating faster with each step he took, until he stopped a few centimeters away from her. He took a deep breath, slowly inhaling her scent before pulling moving away with a cold grin as he closed the door behind her.

"So, White Wolf. How come the Blood Moon Beta has hidden the fact you possess such a powerful wolf ?"

"He simply doesn't know."

"What do you mean he doesn't know ? He'd informed me you were weak, and half human." He added.

"I hadn't seen him ever since my mother left him when I was 7."

Werewolves usually get the ability to shift at around the same age humans start going through puberty, so moving with my mother had me separated from him a year or two before I shifted for the first time.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why did your mother leave her mate?"

"She didn't love him."

He nodded and I added.

"...because humans don't feel the mate bond as much as werewolves. She, at least, had that excuse for abandoning her mate." I said in an accusatory way.

He frowned, taking a step towards me.

"You are weak, and unfit to be Luna of the Dark Night pack. You will have to prove yourself worthy of us before I'm ready to accept you. And besides, I already have a Delta, who will bear and raise my pups for me. I don't need a Luna. You'll only bring us problems."

"So you're still rejecting me...?"

"Yes. I will have Brandon escort you back to the Blood Moon pack lands."

And with that, he seemed to lose focus as he was probably mind linking his beta and informing him of the task at hand.

"But what about the mate bond? Don't you feel it ? Anabelle said your wolf wants us !"

"My wolf's wants are none of your business."

Hophelia moved closer to him, putting a hand on his bare arm. As soon as her skin made contact with his, butterflies invaded her stomach and she felt many pleasurable pulses flowing through her body. Too bad he instantly jerked away, pushing her from him.

"You felt that didn't you?!" She screamed accusingly as she was starting to lose patience. He'd just destroyed the last bits of hope she had in their relationship.

At that moment, Brandon knocked at the door and both Alpha and Hophelia heard him from behind the door.

"The car's ready. I've informed the Blood Moon pack that Miss Hophelia's safe and on our lands, and will be escorted back shortly."

"Goodbye." Xavier said, staring at her with his usual scowl on his face.

Broken and teary eyed, Hophelia looked down at the ground, unable to face him.

"Goodbye." She let out between too silent sobs as she stormed out of the room, bumping into Brandon who was waiting for her there.

Screw him ! And his Delta ! And his pack ! Screw everyone ! She's never going to the Dark Night or the Blood Moon pack ever again !

She's going rogue for all it matters.