f i f t y - t w o

you feel your heart drop when your eyes observe the number of nurses and doctors who are coming out of the room, a young doctor looks left and right, and glances at you while you freeze at him and he approaches you.

"hello, who are you to Mr. Taehyung?" he asks.

you stay silent as you begin to think of a proper answer.

"I'm his friend" you coldly reply while wiping your tears away.

"I am so sorry Ma'am, but unfortunately, we were not able to save him" he said and you freeze at him, your eyes glancing at the room where he's in and you see the nurses covering his whole body including his face.

you rush inside and went where his dead body is lying down and you break down into tears, you wrap your arms around his body as you struggle to keep yourself up because you feel like you're giving up anytime.

"No! This can't be! Taehyung please don't leave me! I know you're just sleeping!" you scream while you take a sniff before whining in pain, you cry your eyes out and hug his body tighter.

you notice that he's still wearing his yellow-orange hoodie that you both had for a pair and you feel more heartbroken than you've ever felt, your eyes crying out more and more until it gets uncontrollable.

you feel your entire world falling part, your heart getting hit by a wrecking ball and your knees slowly start to become weak until you kneel down beside his cold body but you could care less about the impact of your knees against the porcelain floor, you cling on his waist as you stare at his cold body.

but then you sense a pat on your shoulder, you slowly look at your back and you see Jimin, his eyes not leaving, feeling pity and sorry for you and your friend.

you hear his mom and the doctors who have been talking outside of the room because she has to sign some documents for his burial.

your eyes shut close as you hear the word "burial" coming out of the doctor's mouth, you can't even accept the fat that he's gone and even the word "Burial" for him, you form your hand into a fist.

-

it's been 3 hours since he died and Jimin asked you if you wanna leave but you refuse and begged him if you could stay a little more and he granted your wish.

3 hours

which felt like a blink of an eye

you stay beside him with your knees on the floor and not even caring if you need a chair to sit on, all you wanna do is to be beside him and stay.

but the doctors have informed you and Jimin that he needs to transfer to the basement, you finally let go for the last time and they rushed him out of the room and your eyes did not leave his cold body until he's gone from the hallways

"we have to go Dahyee, I promise we'll come back tomorrow" he convinces you again and he doesn't seem to get tired of it since he has been convincing you multiple times

you nod your head, not saying anything else while your eyes are glued on the floor, he hums and surrounds his arms on your shoulder before he guides you to the parking lot until you both get in the car.

the car ride was silent, no one has spoken first since you're not in the mood to talk, your eyes getting red and puffy as you stare at the window

"who was he to you?" Jimin asks deeply while his eyes are on the road.

you begin to think of another answer but you don't want to lie to him and you want Taehyung's soul to rest in peace so you answer him honestly.

"h-he was my ex boyfriend" you confirm, eyes not leaving the window.