New Fun

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Mckenzie and I kissed. I kissed her and she kissed me back and now I'm pretty sure we're dating. 

I wake up the next morning with excitement. I practically jump down the stairs and run into the kitchen.

"You seem excited," my mum says.

"Yeah, I'm just really excited to go to school," I lie.

"Why is something happening today," my dad asks.

"No, not really." The toast pops and I do a little dance before grabbing it. I quickly eat it and then run to the bus. I jump up and down as the bus comes down the street. As it parks in front of me I breathe quickly before getting on the bus and sitting next to Mckenzie.

"Hey," I say.

"Hey," she replies. She kisses me on the cheek before continuing to talk to Isabelle. 

She just kissed me. I think to myself. She just kissed me. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.

"So, can you hang out tonight," Mckenzie says interrupting my thoughts.

"Y-yeah," I reply. Mckenzie looks at me and laughs.

"I can tell you didn't hear me," she laughs.

"I'm sorry, what did you say," I reply.

"I said are you free tonight."

I think for a second. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure."

"Cool, meet me at the park near school at 6 pm."

"Okay, sure."

I nod my head and she smiles. We get to school and Mckenzie gets up.

"I have to go. I have an excursion today. See you tonight." She kisses me on the cheek and runs off the bus.

"Bye," I say but she can't hear me.

At 5 pm later on that day I decide what to wear. I pick a dress that's not too formal but not too simple either. The dress is white and has flowers on it.

"Why are you wearing your dinner dress," my mum asks me as I walk into the living room.

"I'm hanging out with a friend tonight. We're going out for dinner."

My dad looks at me suspiciously. "Okay, well be safe."

"I will," I say. I grab my bag and walk out the door. I walk to the park near school and as I get to the bridge I see Mckenzie standing with a torch.

"What's going on," I say as I walk up to her.

"You'll find out," she says.

She grabs my hand and guides me to the middle of the park. When we reach the middle of the par I see twinkling lights hanging across a tree. I look below the tree and see a red and black picnic blanket with a picnic basket on top.

"Did you do all of this," I ask.

"Maybe," she says. "You've never been on a proper date before and I wanted to make it special."

I smile and give her a sideways hug.

"Do you like it," she asks.

"Like it. I love it." I smile at her as we sit down.

She grabs the basket and pulls out a bottle of soda. Then she grabs some food and puts it down.

"Would you like a drink," Mckenzie asks me.

"I would love one." She pours me a cup of drink and hands it over to me. "Thank you. This is the best thing anyone ever done for me."

"Your worth it." She leans over me and kisses me on the lips.

We sit underneath the twinkling lights hanging over the tree as we talk about things we like. I find out that Mckenzie loves to draw and sing even though she doesn't think she's very good at it. 

After a while I look at my watch and realize it's getting late.

"Hey, I have loved spending time with you but I have to go," I say.

"It's all good," she says. 

We stand up and hug. After the hug I kiss Mckenzie on the lips and head home.