New Girlfriend

Life goes on as normal. Mckenzie and I hang out as normal. The only problem is that whenever we hang out after school I have to say I'm with someone else. I tried to make up someone but then my dad wanted to meet them so I pretended that she is moving away. I wish I could hang out with her but I can't.

"Hey, father," I say one afternoon.

"Yes, lilac," he says looking up from his newspaper. I swear he has over a million newspapers because I always find him reading one.

"I'm going to Isabelle's tonight," I say.

"Whose Isabelle," my dad asks.

"My study partner for chemistry." 

"Okay, well be back by ten."

"I know."

I grab my bag and walk out the door. I'm not really going to Isabelle's. Mckenzie and I are going to the movies together. Well, not together, together. We're still friends. I'm pretty sure Mckenzie went on a date the other day anyway. 

"Hey," I shout to Mckenzie as I arrive at the movies. She waves and I walk over to her. 

"Hey, how's life," Mckenzie asks.

"Pretty good." We walk into the movies and after grabbing some popcorn we go find our seats.

"Are you excited for the movie," she says.

"Yeah, I have never seen it before."

"Yeah, it only just came out today."

"Right." It's only bin ten minutes and I have already managed to embarrass myself.

The movie starts and we sit in silence staring at the screen. Halfway through the movie, I go to grab some popcorn and so does Mckenzie. As soon as I feel our hands touching, we both look at each other. We quickly pull away and stare at the movie in awkward silence. 

After the movie we chuck away our popcorn box and stand outside by my car. It's really cold and my hands are shaking. Mckenzie looks at my shaking hands and grabs them. Her hands are nice and warm and as she holds my hands I start to get warmer.

"Is this better," she says.

"Much better," I say. 

We hold hands and as the parking lot goes empty we stare at each other. She is absolutely beautiful and I just want to kiss her. I have no idea wether or not to do it and I end up just doing it anyways. 

When she becomes distracted I pull her close to me and lean forward. Her lips touch mine and butterflies go off in my stomach. I can't believe this is happening. I thought she would pull away but she hasn't. We slowly pull away and as we stare at each other I know that this time means something. 

"So, you want to be more than friends," she says.

I nod. She kisses me one more time before I get in my car and head home.