Dreams

Description: Yukio dreams a lot.

Notes: Sad, based on a real-dream scenario (also, author-san noticed that she has taken a liking to songfics :])

✖️✖️✖️

"Only ever in dreams I wrap my arms around you
And standing in the water with me
I can tell you what I wanna tell you.."

"I'm moving," Yukio had told Shura and Rin while they were having a cup of Earl Grey with lemon. "I got assigned at a densely demon-populated area behind Kyoto. Would take about several months to a couple of years to eradicate them."

"Why d'ya get assigned there?" Shura laughed in a failed attempt to make her sound like she didn't care.

"I-I.." Yukio faltered.

Without looking him in the eye, she pulled Yukio out of his and his brother's dorm room and into the hallway.

"Hey! Don't just leave me he-" Rin's complaint was interrupted by the slam of the door.

"Answer me, foureyes." Shura demanded, still avoiding eye contact.
"I- uhm, thought it would be for the best if... Uh.." The sea-eyed male readjusted his glasses in discomfort.
Suddenly he wondered, why did Shura care so much about him moving anyway? He knew she made fun of him a lot but he never knew she actually gave a damn.

"What do you want to achieve?" Shura spoke up again.

What did he want to achieve? He already graduated college and was now working on his masters, and recently got promoted to Upper First Class. Thinking about why he had to move made his head fuzzy and his limbs hurt.

"I.. I honestly don't know.." he said. "But why do you want me to stay? It's not like you care about me anyway-"

He was pulled into a hug, and heard a soft whisper go through his ear.
"I don't care about you, I love you, you blithering idiotic four-eyed chicken. There. I said it. Now please don't leave me."

The fabric of his shirt dampened from Shura silently crying, arms still around him. Yukio's vision blurred, until he saw pure darkness.

---

He woke up with a cold sweat and tears running down his face. The dream was incredibly vivid, it seemed so real. The truth was, he loved Shura, but was terribly unsure if his feelings were reciprocated.

What made him sad about his dream was the fact that he got to hug her, hold her, and it seemed so real, but it wasn't, and he really wanted to stay like that, but he couldn't.

He wasn't really moving, of course not.
It was Shura who moved to Kyoto for two years.

"And hope it's not just a bad dream, hope it's not just a sad dream."

✖️✖️✖️

Read | Comment | Vote

otakusguild_