Poems (Part 2)

Description: The day after the surprising incident, Shura decides to tell Yukio how she really feels. Will it end on a good note?

✖️✖️✖️

Shura stepped out of her shower, fresh and dressed. Today would seem like a good day for her, if it wasn't for the sad lump of a person who lay on her bed.
Sighing, she walked over to Yukio while recalling last night's events.

"My thesis didn't get approved.. I can't graduate until next year.." Yukio had said between sobs. Shura gave him a hug for comfort, even though her she felt her pulse quicken at the close contact she had with the person she had been admiring all this time. "Can I sleep over here? I know it's too much but-"
"It's okay. You can." she interrupted.

She stretched her back before sitting beside him. She would've stayed in her bed with Yukio, but she wasn't sure she would've been able to handle it. Her swivel chair was perfectly fine.
"Hey, wakey wakey four eyes." Shura chuckled slightly at the appropriate nickname she made up.
"Shut up. Don't call me that." Yukio grumbled and rubbed his bloodshot eyes.
"Feel a little better?"
"Yeah kind of. Still sad though."
"Hey, just think, at least you get another shot!"
"... Thanks, Shura."

Yukio managed to give her a weak smile. It was great to hear words of wisdom from friends. Especially friends who help you with homework, make fun of you a bit, clean your glasses for you, laugh with her amazing laugh when you crack a corny joke, smile a killer smile when.... Hold on a second.
The male student shook his head vigorously.
"Hm? Are you okay?" Shura tilted her head in concern, eyebrows knitting together. Somehow Yukio found that adorable.
"I-uh, I'm gonna be late for my first class! See you!"
"See you later then, I'll come over to the exhibit later after I give the script to Shiemi!" Shura waved as he left the dorm.

"Geez.. And he's in My Little Pony boxers," the pink-haired female laughed, before leaving her towel on the shower rack and picking up her rucksack, heading to class.

⏩ Timeskip ⏩

"Thanks, Shura-senpai! I knew you could do it." an upbeat Shiemi greeted her.
"Sure thing, Moriyama-san," a flustered Shura replied. "Anything for the Juniors. But I have to hurry off, I promised a friend that we'll meet at the exhibit."
"You've taken a liking to the exhibit huh," Shiemi smiled.
"Yeah, I have. Thanks for the recommendation. Bye!" Shura handed her notebook to her kōhai before leaving.

Opening the notebook, several papers scattered on the floor. As she picked them up, Shiemi noticed they were poems. Poems seemingly dedicated to a certain person.
Interpreted properly, they described a friendship between a young girl and boy, where the girl eventually had feelings for the boy.
The boy had a very familiar character, however.
"Okumura-kun!" Shiemi exclaimed. She flipped one of the papers to see a well-drawn portrait of Yukio. Below was a signature, Shura's. And below that, was a kanji symbol.

"愛" The kanji symbol for love.

Shiemi nearly shrieked, fangirling as she ran to the exhibit area quickly.
"Okumura-kun! Where's Shura-senpai?" She almost ran into Yukio.
"Moriyama! What brings you here? Shura's out, so you'll have to wait-" Yukio was interrupted by a bunch of papers shoved in his face. Gently taking them, he read the poems.

"Wow, these are really good. But Moriyama, I thought you were in theater-"
"Look who wrote them."
"Shura."
Shiemi flipped a page to show him the drawing, along with the kanji symbol.
And just then, Yukio smiled the biggest smile he could muster.

His feelings had been reciprocated.

As if on cue, the exhibit door opened, and Shura entered.
"Ey! Yukio! They didn't have the red bean one, so I got you chocolate. If you don't want chocolate, I'll take it because then you can have the green tea one." she noticed his smile, and Shiemi. "Why do you look so happy?"
"Hey, Moriyama-san, what happened?"
Shiemi simply looked at Yukio to see what he would do.

He reached out his hands to cup Shura's face.
Then kissed her.

"I got your poems." he said.

✖️✖️✖️

*cue fangirling Shiemi*
Lol hahaha yaay! Finished the sequel.

Requests? Just comment.
See you in the next update!

Read | Comment | Vote

otakusguild_