#OurMask

Who are you trying to fool? Them? Or yourself?

Turned backs to the broken.

Dreams left in the dust.

Red faced, chest puffing.

What happened to us?

Pain only we know.

No point in sharing when you're a ghost.

Too many people don't care.

Depression is the norm.

Shouldn't we be worried?

Our masks are no longer being worn.

Slipping down a hole.

She's gone when she hits the bottom.

Little did she know...

Her next door neighbor was having the same problem.

Their illnesses tear through them

Barely leaving an exit wound.

Smiles so perfect.

With souls battered and bruised.

What mask?

Haven't you heard?

She's happy.

She's fine

Don't want to complain when you don't have the time.

A/N:

I have partnered up with @HeartKiller04 to spread awareness about mental illness and advocate a space where people are comfortable with expressing their thoughts.

We all go through the same hardships and struggle with the same things. But how are you going to know that if you don't speak up? I get it, a lot of people deal with their emotions in different ways but silence is the worst way to do that.

Most times we all hide behind a mask so we don't portray our true feelings for things and usually that is because society discloses that those feelings are bad.

That they are wrong.

But they are far from it.

You deserve to feel whatever you are feeling. Whether you're shouting in the car or even in your room or crying during family dinner. Who cares?

Make. A. Scene.

Our emotions is the core of humanity yet the world looks at us like it's crazy. Maybe it is a little crazy but how is anyone going to know the real you? Who you are? If you aren't shouting it from the rooftops?!

Guess what? Those people who are saying you're crazy just can't comprehend how someone is brave enough to put themselves out in the open.

All of you already know who I am because it is etched in every word I write. Now it's your turn. Tell me how you're feeling in the comments and together we can wear #OurMask proudly because we are who we are.