𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟑

songs of the chapter

my songs know what you did in the dark -- fall out boy

boy division -- my chemical romance

No shame -- 5sos

*✭ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟑✭*

2020The night was followed by a lot of laughter, singing and even some dancing after the music had changed from the top summer hits of 2020 to a punk rock playlist from the early 2000s

Lucy even snuck some Vodka with her, so we doped our punches, and suddenly began to sing a little bit louder and to jump a little bit higher, as my songs know what you did in the dark blasted through the speakers.

We had joined Ashton and the girl I still didn't know the name of, all of us arm in arm so that we ended up building a small circle. Our heads moved up and down and our voices echoed through the night. I was sure, they could've been heard in a radius of at least two hundred meters, if there had been anything around us except for a long road, leading into the city that was several kilometres away.

After singing at the top of my lunges to boy division by my chemical romance and gives you hell by the all American rejects, followed by too many songs that were too much of my genre, I lost my voice and needed a break from all the jumping around.

"I'm gonna pause for one song", I gasped for air.

"I'll join you", Luke said, grabbing my hand. We walked away from our friends towards the drinks.

"It's incredible, isn't it", I smiled widely, watching Luke pouring some of the punch into an empty cup.

"What?"

"All of this here", I shrugged. "When you first took me on top of here, we imagined how awesome it would be if we could throw a party up here and now we actually are doing that."

He bit his lower lip, trying to fight a grin cramping onto his lips. "Yeah, that's kinda cool."

I rolled my eyes at him, taking the cup from his hands. "Thanks for your enthusiasm, Hemmings."

He just shook his head, grabbing himself a cup as well. "You know that I feel about this exactly the way you do"

"Yeah, I know", I said, taking a sip, "I just can't believe it, that's all"

In this moment, Calum, Lucy and Michael joined us, breathing heavily as all of them emptied a glass of water under one go. "This was so much fun", Lucy exhaled. "And have you seen Ashton?" At her last sentence, she raised her voice such as one of her eyebrows, a smirk playing around her lips.

"I know", I said silently, only my moving lips telling what I was saying.

"Does anybody know her?", Calum asked, but we all shook our heads, except for Michael.