𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟓

*✭ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟓✭*

"Okay, you two lovebirds, now finally get up and help us set everything up", Calum interrupted us, and we immediately broke apart

Rolling my eyes, I got up. "A way to destroy the moment."

Within no time, we had set up a bonfire and sat all around it, eating the sandwiches we had brought just for this purpose and having light conversations. I sat in between Lucy and Michael which meant that I finally got the chance to also talk to the boy who didn't seem to talk much, especially when we were doing something in the big group.

Originally not Lucy but Luke sat next to me but they sometime switched seats because Calum and him figured out that they both had an obsession with the all American rejects and ended up talking about them nonstop.

I watched them for a while. Calum told him about one time, when he even got the chance to see them live in concert, Luke's eyes sparkling every time the black-haired boy added a detail.

He had probably never been to a concert.

"You're good for him", Michael disturbed my gaze and I immediately turned my had to him.

I didn't find the words to reply to this statement. It was a compliment, but regardless from that I had never been someone to know how to deal with compliments and this wasn't a statement you could simply say 'thank you' to.

"What makes you think that", I decided to say instead.

Michael shrugged. "He seems happy. At least for Luke being Luke."

"He's scared", I said.

"I know", the boy next to me whispered. "But can you blame him?"

I'd never shook my head faster than I did in that moment. "Never did."

Silence fell between us and I feared that the atmosphere would soon be more than just a little awkward between us.

"So, what bad thing did you do to be sent to a boarding school?", I finally asked, hoping to break the ice.

"Well first of all, it's Luke's fault, please keep that in mind", he began.

I was a little confused to why it could've been Luke's fault but then, I remembered that he once told me, that he had already known Michael before he switched to this school. I hadn't thought much to it at that time but now looking at it, I knew what it meant. They both had been in the same orphan home.

"I guess, you know about where Luke lived, before he came here?", he asked first to make sure, he didn't tell me anything I wasn't supposed to know. I only nodded.

"Well, I lived there too, but I had already lived there for several years, when he was taken in. He was quiet and all of the kids were scared to talk to him because no one really knew what was the deal with him, but he was my roommate so we kind of just ended up talking and became friends.