𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟕

This chapter is dedicated to melissaxx5  because she knows I love her and for flirting with my sexy gifs ;)

*✭ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟕✭*

My last period before lunch was physics which meant, that I could already see my not-boyfriend before we met with our friends, even though it was just in class

My last period before lunch was physics which meant, that I could already see my not-boyfriend before we met with our friends, even though it was just in class. Sitting next to him wasn't a big help for me to understand the topic we were currently studying in class.

All I could focus on was how his golden locks bounced up and down whenever he looked up from his notebook to copy what the teacher had written on the whiteboard and how he squinted his eyes, whenever he wasn't sure what was going on but then suddenly released the tension when he understood and his eyes sparkled happily.

I hadn't really paid much attention to how Luke was doing in school, especially because he often sat as bored as me in the classroom but now that I studied his behaviour in class, I noticed that he cared.

He paid attention, tried to follow the class and whenever something didn't make sense, he raised his hand and asked the teacher to explain it again.

"I know I'm pretty, Miss Cox but shouldn't you rather pay attention?", he smirked, not stopping to eye down to his notebook where he was scribbling down some numbers.

"I prefer watching you study though", I just shrugged, "It's much more interesting."

"You think I find class interesting?", he raised an eyebrow and finally turned his head to me, "Oh Olivia, you're so wrong."

"Then why do you pay attention?"

"You study for yourself, not for anyone else. Good grades give you opportunities. It's for a better future", he explained, "trying to get good grades is the smaller pain compared to how it will be when you won't get a job."

I had never thought about it like that. I had never asked myself why I went to school day by day. For me it was just a chore that had to be done. And even though I didn't know yet what I wanted to do in the future, I for sure didn't want to end up as a homeless or as someone who had to live with their parents at the age of forty because I couldn't be independent.

"Wise words, Luke, wise words"

"So, are you gonna pay attention from now on?"

I thought for a second. I should give it a try, I knew that, but I knew that I wouldn't manage to focus if I kept sitting next to Hemmings.

"Okay", I finally said, "but then I can't sit next to you anymore."

"You serious?"

"Dead serious, you're too much of a distraction", I nodded with a straight face.