𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕

I double updated, so don't forget to check chapter 26 out first!

*✭ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕 ✭*

2020

When I got back to the room, I tried to close the door as quietly as possible so that I would not wake Lucy up. It was already half past two and the last thing I wanted to do was to tear her out of her dream world.

Thank God I managed to do it more or less silently, but to my surprise Lucy was still awake and sitting in bed with a book on her thighs.

"Where were you?", she asked me, putting the book aside, with a broad grin on her face; as if she already knew the answer.

Of course she did, there were not many other places I could have been. But obviously, she was interpreting more into it than actually what was behind it.

"Handing out flyers", I just shrugged my shoulders. I didn't really feel like talking and longed for nothing more than the possibility to get into bed and finally fall asleep.

But of course the blonde was not satisfied with this answer: " Whole three hours?"

I sighed, knowing I would get to bed faster, if I simply told her everything, as if I was trying to convince her that we had actually been distributing leaflets for three hours.

"No, not three hours long," I added, "we weren't tired after handing them out and stayed out a little longer."

And then I just told her everything. I wasn't usually a person like that. I preferred to keep things private; especially the little incident between Luke and me. I thought it was nobody's business but ours, but at that moment I just couldn't help it.

I was upset and I couldn't believe that everything had happened the way it had and that he had not only had the last word but also had the nerve to walk out of the scene with that cheeky grin as if he had won against me.

"...and then the best part: he actually had the impudence to tell me that I'm very much interested in him, because otherwise I wouldn't have let him get so close to me."

Lucy's mouth flapped down: "He really said it like that?"

"He meant it, that's much more important," I replied.

"Oh, I bet he looked hot when he said that," she gave me a thirsty look, and dreamily bit her lower lip.

"What the hell, Lucy, that's not the point and you're dating Calum," I was still out of my mind and I just couldn't believe that was all she was thinking about.

"Oh come on, even Calum thinks he's hot, like any other person with two healthy eyes," she defended herself. "Except for you."

"I never said that, but-"

"So you find him...?"

"Attractive," I said truthfully, "but that doesn't justify what he did."

"Why are you so upset about it? "Let him think you're like him. He already thinks the whole world does."

She had a point, I shouldn't care that he thought I wanted to kiss him, but I did. Deep down I knew the reason for it, but I didn't want to admit it to myself yet.

"Unless...", she touched her chin thoughtfully and her eyes quickly began to jump from side to side, indicating that it was rattling in her brain.

"Oh my God, Olivia, you like Luke," she exclaimed, but somehow managed to keep her voice low.

"No, I don't" I replied to her.

"Oh shut up, I've just had an awakening," she laughed. "You were going to kiss him, bu-"

Her voice fell silent as I threw the first thing that was next to me, which turned out to be my pillow, at her.

"A pillow? Are you serious? Is that all you've got?" she mocked me, whereupon I only shook my head with a bitchy expression.

"No, it took me so long, because I didn't know what to do," I defended myself.

"Whatever you need to say to yourself to help you sleep at night," she smiled into herself.

I sighed out loud, could she please leave me alone at last?

We both finally lay down. My gaze wandered to the white ceiling, which turned black in one fell swoop; Lucy had turned off the light.

I let my thoughts wander, even if it was only to the conversation that had taken place a few minutes earlier in this room.

Lucy was right about one thing; I shouldn't mind what Hemmings thought of me as long as I knew the truth, but at that moment it felt as if I didn't know the answer.

I didn't know how much was behind the accusation that I liked him. Admittedly, I had grown kind of fond of him in the last few days, even if I hated to admit it.

We always managed to heat each other up by provoking or teasing the other, but somehow in the best possible way.

So I would say that saying that I liked him was not necessarily wrong, but how far that 'liking' actually went, I didn't know.

"Olivia?" Lucy whispered over to me.

"Yes?" I said.

"You know, I have nothing against you liking Luke."

"Which is not true"

"Anyway, you'd be an extremely hot and powerful couple, you'd blow everyone away."

"Whatever you say," I muttered unnervedly, but here it was: that damn smile that appeared on my face out of nowhere and stayed there no matter how hard I tried to fight it.

And so it all started, with that damn smile.

***

Double update for you because of several reasons :)

1st I'm sorry I forgot to update yesterday

2nd both of the chapters are pretty short :o

3rd I love you <3