𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

*✭ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕 ✭*

2020

Intuitively I clenched my hands into a fist while my whole body tensed up. Even though I couldn't see his face clearly in the morning, I was 100% sure it was the same boy who had pushed Ashton aside without turning around to look for him afterward. I swallowed the riot that was crawling up my throat and released myself from the eye contact by focusing on the empty space that was diagonally behind him.

As I headed towards the seat with determined steps, I could still feel his gaze burning on me. I wanted nothing more than for him to finally take it off me. So I was more than grateful when I had finally passed him, even though it had been so close that I could get a nose off his perfume. It was a masculine scent that immediately burned into my mucous membranes.

The tension in my body dissolved when I finally reached the desk and could take a seat, knowing very well that I was no longer under observation.

The lesson dragged on for so long that it seemed to me that the teacher had been trying to explain the material to the class for ages, when I looked at the clock with the firm conviction that it would ring in a few seconds and realized that the lesson had only begun fifteen minutes ago.

I sighed and began to look around the classroom in boredom, trying to kill at least a little time, but there was nothing interesting to discover.

I lensed diagonally towards the left and looked at the blond boy whose name I could not remember. I was ninety percent sure it was Lucas, but I wouldn't have sworn on it.

When you looked at him, he didn't look that arrogant, almost likeable. He was wearing the honey-blonde curls open that he had tied together this morning, which made him now look much friendlier. He wore, like all the other pupils, the school uniform, which for the boys was made of blue trousers, the same material and colour as the skirt for the girls, a white shirt and the same tie that I had half-heartedly tied around my neck.

The shirt was actually long-sleeved, but he had rolled it up to his elbows, leaving the top few buttons open. He had put on the ugly blue-checked piece of cloth as untidy as I had, as if he was only doing it because he was forced to.

He was the only person in the classroom with me who didn't wear the uniform strictly as it should have been, which made me wonder if he didn't agree with everything that was going on here as well. But that didn't change the disrespectful way he treated his classmates and I started to get upset with him again.

I squinted my eyes together and tried to stab him with my gaze, without success of course. Exactly at this moment, his curly head, which until then had been focused on the whiteboard where the teacher was explaining a task, turned in my direction.

Our eyes crossed, but that was not enough to look at him in a more friendly way. He should know to maintain a good distance between us. He too narrowed his eyes as he tried to find out what my face was trying to express. Additionally he bit his lower lip.

I discovered a unevenness on the left side, which indicated that a ring had once hung at this spot. But now the spot was bare and was deformed into a bump by his tongue which was pressing outwards.

The ringing of the school bell tore me out of my stare. I packed my things hurriedly and stormed out of the room as fast as I could.

In the evening, after I had eaten with Ash, Lucy and Calum, I found myself in the kitchen, ready to take my punishment. Although I didn't like to admit it, surprisingly the kitchen service achieved a little bit of what the intention was and I wondered for a millisecond if it was worth committing myself to change something at school when the only thing I achieved was standing in the school kitchen for two hours, being literally the chef's slave.
Of course I had forgotten about it as quickly as it had come, but I had still underestimated the whole task. I had assumed that I would have to wash or dry dirty dishes, but of course this would not have been enough to " lecture" me. Instead, I had to polish the back corners of the kitchen, which were already covered with a thick layer of rust and which served as a home for all the spiders.

I almost threw up when I remembered that I was in the same room as the one where the food I had stuffed inside me just an hour ago had been prepared.

So I was even happier when, at nine o'clock, the chef gave me permission to finally put away my gloves and sponge so that I could go to my room.

When I came back into the room, Lucy was talking on the phone, I suspected that Calum was on the other end of the line, because she kept giggling into her mobile phone while she dreamily wrapped her hair around her left index finger.

I changed from the awful school uniform to my pyjamas, which consisted of provocatively short cloth trousers and a loose belly-showing T-shirt. Even if it was just my pyjamas, I couldn't deny that I looked good in them and that it complimented my figure. Of course, I didn't need to feel beautiful in my pyjamas, but I always felt most confident when I was wearing something comfortable anyway. That it was so short, however, was not because I wanted to impress anybody, nobody would see it anyway, but simply because I was a person who was constantly feeling hot and I tended to sweat, especially at night.

I brushed my teeth before leaving the small bathroom and sat down on my bed, ready to write with my friends from home. Meanwhile Lucy had finished her phone call and was grinning from one ear to the other.

I put my cell phone down and peeked over at her, "Where's the joy in that?"Her smile was strengthened by a bright flash of light in her green eyes. "I'm just happy." Her statement was followed by a soft gasp, with which she let herself fall backwards into the cuddly blanket.

"Let me guess", I smiled, "the cause of your good mood is about six foot one, has deep brown eyes, a charming smile, tousled curls and also starts with 'C' and ends with 'alum'".Excitedly, she sat up again, grabbed her pillow and clasped it tightly. "Yes, you're right," she mumbled into the fabric. "But i don't even have a choice... Every time I see him, my head is like, "Holy shit!"
"It must be nice to fall in love," I murmured as I lay down.

"Have you never been in love?"

I wasn't sure how to answer this question. I had been in a relation ship before, only once though and I wasn't sure if you could call it love. I liked her, I liked her alot but love was such a stong feeling that I didn't want to just throw around as if it meant nothing. "I don't think so...", I muttered. "I guess I just never felt the need for outside love."

Which was true. After my first relation ship, I didn't date anyone and I didn't feel the need to. I had learnt that I was the only person that could give me the love I truly needed and I didn't look at people as potential partners. 

"But I must say that when I see you with Calum, I cannot deny that it is something beautiful," I added after a brief pause of silence. My eyes traces the ceiling that almost appeared black through the lack of light.

Even though I couldn't see her, especially since my eyes were fixed on the ceiling, I could feel the joy she radiated all the way over to me.

This way my first complete day at the school ended, on which alone so much had happened that I felt as if I had already spent a whole week at the boarding school.

I had made my first move and my opponent had struck back with an equally strong move. But the game was far from being over, on the contrary, it had just begun and I couldn't wait to plan my next attack.

•••
The update is kinda late, sorry :o but wattpad just didn't show me my books, it's weird :o

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed xx

Don't forget to vote and comment <3

Xoxo
-A