preivew of au 2

Here is the first chapter of my second au

'It was always you'

go read on my profile :)

⚠️tw - alcoholic/abuse/cheating⚠️

Lexa had stayed behind after music class to have some time to herself. Time, something she felt she'd been running out of recently. So many things were happening in Lexa's life and there was just not enough time. Not enough time left for the things she loved.

The brunettes life was a mess, her parents ended things in a messy divorce and were still battling for custody. Lexa was old enough to decide who she wanted to live with, but her little brother wasn't. And in hindsight, neither of her parents had a good influence on her. Her mother, Becca had become an alcoholic and had started to become abusive. Where as her father Titus would cheat on her mother everyday with a new woman, not scared to bring them into their home.

One of the only stable things in Lexa's life was her best friend, Anya. Anya was the year above Lexa in school, and was like a big sister to her. They'd met when Lexa was being bullied in her first year of school. Anya had stopped the bullying and taken Lexa under her wing, after that day, no one messed with her, and Anya became her best friend. Lexa only had one other friend, his name Lincoln. Lincoln was Anya's little brother, who was Lexa's age and in some of her classes. The three had grown up together and Anya and Lincoln's were more of a family to Lexa than her biological one.

Lexa had a little brother, Aden. He had just turned ten years old. Lexa and Aden weren't close because of their six year age gap, but they knew they had each other. Lexa would always protect her little brother from her mother's drunken outbursts or taken him to Anya's house when their parents started to fight.

Lexa wandered over to the piano and sat down with a sigh as her fingers ran smoothly along the top of the keys. Letting out a deep breath she began to play her favourite song. She knew the song was supposed to be a romantic breakup song, but she felt as though a lot of the lyrics spoke to her heart and how she felt about her family life.

Life hadn't always been messy like this, they used to have the perfect family. They'd have movie nights every week and family trips out every Saturday. But the incident that took place two years ago broke the family down, slowly but surely. And Lexa had to become the adult, taking care of everyone, she couldn't do it much longer. As Lexa played she began to sing, her mind wandering the distant happy childhood memories:

Take it back to the start
No, I can't tell you apart
When we lost one another
That's when I rediscovered
My memories in the clouds
But no feet on the ground
'Cause I know I should forget you
Why can't I just regret you?
We were fighting fires every night when you met me
And it's not fair at all
So after everything
Why'd you leave me with the good stuff, babe
And forget about the mess we made?
Oh, I wish that my mouth didn't smile when I think of you
But you left me with the good stuff, babe
And I know that it's a crying shame
It's a million times harder when I don't hate you
Oh, I try to rewind
Every scene in my mind
And for you, I've got tunnel vision
And I've blocked out every collision
And in another life, yeah
Do me a favour and try
To leave me broken and bitter

(Song - Good Stuff by Griff)

As Lexa continued to sing the soft tune along with the piano part she heard the door to the music room crack open. The brunette didn't turn her head to look, she hoped whoever it was would just leave and come back later or another day. Finally Lexa came to the end of the song, pressing the last key lightly, dropping her head as sadness flooded her mind. As she dropped her head she heard the door close with a slam. Lexa looked over towards the closed door and saw no one there, they'd obviously left when they saw her broken state. All anyone ever did was leave.

A/N
Go to my profile to read the rest of my newest au! This au is ongoing and is already half uploaded on my Instagram account @/clexakomau