The Castle

"Come on, Chloe, we're going to the castle tomorrow," I said, excitement bubbling within me.

"Okay, princess," Chloe replied, her tone filled with anticipation.

~~~

"Wake up, sleepy-head," Chloe shouted, shaking me from my slumber.

"Okay, okay," I mumbled, trying to gather my senses.

"Ooh, Mari, trying to impress a certain someone?" Chloe teased, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Of course not, Chloe. We're going to the castle, remember?" I retorted, playfully rolling my eyes.

"Oh yeah, but still," she giggled.

~~~

"Oh, you look stunning today, Marinette," Adrien complimented, his gaze lingering appreciatively as the two girls joined the rest of the class.

"Alright, class, we will be escorted to the castle in one of the royal limousines," Miss Bustier announced, her voice filled with anticipation.

"That must be because I'm the princess's closest confidante," Lila interjected, her voice dripping with faux importance.

"Okay, everyone, let's make our way to the castle," Miss Bustier called out, her excitement palpable to anyone with even the slightest observational skills.

~~~

"我们到城堡了," the driver announced in Chinese.

"What?" Lila asked, clearly taken aback.

"He's speaking Chinese, Lila. I thought you would know, considering you're apparently best friends with the princess," I remarked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"We had a translator," Lila quickly responded, attempting to save face as the others looked on.

"Anyways, he said 'We have arrived at the castle,'" I translated, ensuring everyone understood.

"I never knew you could speak Chinese," Adrien remarked, genuine surprise in his voice.

"I was born here, Adrien. It's only natural for me to speak Chinese," I explained with a smile.

"Wow, it looks amazing," Alya gushed, awestruck by the sight before us.

"I know, right? I've been here so many times, yet its beauty never fails to amaze me," Lila added, her genuine admiration shining through.

I couldn't help but feel surprised by how well Lila acted.

"So, you are the class King Felix mentioned. I am your guide. My name is Cheng Lei," a man introduced himself, breaking the spell of our awe.

"Follow me," Cheng Lei instructed, leading us into the castle.

He guided us through various rooms, each more magnificent than the last.

"This is the Living Room," he announced, presenting the elegantly furnished space.

"This is the Kitchen," he continued, showcasing the bustling heart of the castle.

"And this is the Dining Room," he pointed out, the grandeur of the table and the chandeliers taking our breath away.

As we moved from room to room, Cheng Lei introduced us to the Bathroom, of which there were five in the castle, the Game Room filled with entertainment, and finally, the awe-inspiring Throne Room.

"That's it for today," Cheng Lei concluded, sensing our need to process the abundance of beauty we had just witnessed.

"Okay, class, since we will need dresses and other items for the coronation, we will go shopping. We can also get some clothes as souvenirs," Miss Bustier announced once we were outside the castle, ready to explore.