The Announcement

Marinette's POV

"Tikki, that's not nice," I groaned as Tikki exclaimed in my ear. "Well, princess, you're going to be late for school," she reminded me. I quickly hopped out of bed, took a brisk shower, gathered everything I needed in my schoolbag, and rushed down the stairs.

"Bye Auntie, bye Uncle! Love you!" I called out.

I entered the classroom with a tiptoe, trying not to disrupt Miss Bustier's lesson. Luckily, Alya had saved me a seat, even though Lila had managed to wedge herself between us with her web of lies.

"Okay, class, today we will be exploring the wonders of China. Can anyone guess why?" Miss Bustier's eyes gleamed with excitement. "Well, surprise, surprise! We have been invited by the King and Queen to China for the Princess's coronation next week."

I suspected my parents had arranged this, possibly to counter Lila's schemes. Over the past few days, Chloe and I had become close friends.

"You guys should thank me. I happen to be best friends with the princess," Lila boasted, once again seeking the spotlight.

I rolled my eyes, thinking, 'You're only digging a deeper hole for yourself, Lila.'

~~~

As Miss Bustier dismissed us to go home and pack for the trip, I sprinted back to my house, brimming with excitement.

"Auntie, Uncle! Mom and Dad invited my entire class to my coronation!" I exclaimed, unable to contain my enthusiasm.

"Oh, sweetie, Bridgette and Felix have already informed us. A limousine will pick you up tomorrow. You'll be dropped off near the airport to avoid suspicions before your coronation. However, you can confide in those you trust," Auntie Sabine explained with a smile.

"By the way, we've informed the authorities in China to ensure your secret identity remains hidden," Uncle Tom added.

"Got it! I'll start packing right away!" I shouted, halfway up the stairs, ready to embark on this incredible adventure...

...to expose the lying fox. No offense to actual foxes, of course.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and I value constructive criticism. If you come across any mistakes, please feel free to point them out. I'll do my best to identify any areas that can be improved and provide suggestions accordingly. This applies to all the chapters that follow as well.