Johnny Depp

Word count: 725

I sit up as Johnny walks through the front door, dumping his bags on the floor.
I grin up at him from my seat on the couch.

"hey, Johnny. You're back early."

Johnny comes over to the couch where I'm sitting and pulls me into a massive hug.

"are you okay?"

I ask him, squeezing him tightly.

"yeah, of course, I just missed you is all."

"well I missed you too, love."

I kiss Johnny softly before getting up and walking into the kitchen.

"do you want something to eat? I know how much you hate that plane food."

"I'll come and make myself a snack in a minute, but could you come over here first, please?"

I lean against the kitchen door frame and stare at him.

"you're acting kind of strange. Is there something you're not telling me?"

"erm, well, yeah there is."

I cross my arms over my chest.

"did you hurt someone?"

"no."

"did you forget about our date on- tomorrow afternoon?"

"nope."

"did you cheat?"

"you know I didn't."

"did you get hurt?"

"yeah."

"are you okay?"

"a little sore still but other then that, I'm great. I wanted to get back to tell you before you heard it on the news."

I go over to Johnny, who's sitting on the couch where I was before.
I sit beside him and gesture to him.

"where?"

Johnny pulls his shirt off and turns so I can see the neat little row of stitches along his stomach.

I stare at it.

"how?"

"car crash."

"shit, Johnny, you could have died."

"yeah but not really. The media are blowing it out of proportions as usual and I didn't want you to worry, so I left the hospital as soon as I was allowed to."

"Johnny... You could have just texted me."

"I know you. You wouldn't have believed me until you'd seen with your own eyes."

I make a face and look up at him, staring into his beautiful dark eyes.

"Johnny, I love you so much, you know."

"and I you, pretty."

I kiss him again and being careful not to hurt his side, I  wrap my arms around his waist.
Johnny cups my face with one of his hands, the other on my arm.
I grin into the kiss as he pushes me backwards onto the couch, when the doorbell rings.

I curse as I sit up, kissing Johnny quickly on the cheek before going to answer the door, pulling my shirt back on properly.

"hey, how can I help you?"

"babe, who is it?"

Johnny calls from down the hall.

" it's Rachel, dear."

Rachel, our very nosey neighbour, smiles sweetly as Johnny comes to the door to stand beside me, pulling his t-shirt on.

"hey there, Rachel. What can we do for you?"

He asks, putting his hand on the small of my back.

"well, I seem to have run out of sugar! Would it be alright if I could pinch a cup? I'm trying to make a cherry tart, but it's so hard to get cherries and a reasonable price around this time of year...."

"I'm sure it is."

I say, taking the cup that Rachel passes to me.

I walk down the hallway to the kitchen when I hear Rachel following after me.

"oh, no need, Rachel, I'll be back in a sec."

"no hastle at all. What a lovely place you've got here! I've been trying to get my Rob to fix the tiles in our bathroom for months, but he's so busy working on that dang blasted car of his that he never has time to do anything for me!"

I nod along as I fill up her cup with sugar.

"speaking of doing things for each other... I couldn't help but notice that you and John are awful close. What's that like?"

" um, I don't know. Here you go. "

I shove the cup of sugar back into her hands and lead her out the front door.

When she's gone, I lean heavily on the wall, sighing.

"you handled that well."

Johnny says from behind me, his shirt on back to front.

I roll my eyes at him and kiss his lips lightly.

"where were we?"

Johnny mumbles, kissing my neck.

I chuckle and shake my head.

"you need something to eat."