Chapter 21

Liam and I had a fantastic engagement, falling more in love every single day. It was now five months later, me and Liam's wedding day. I had gotten the job at Johnson Publishing, and was working there after I got my own apartment close to Liam's place. Today I was marrying my best friend and the love of my life.

This morning, Luna, my maid of honor, and I went to the bridal dress shop to fix one last thing on my dress. We walked into the small store and were greeted with the kindest smile by the older lady who ran the shop. She was about the age of my grandmother and I thought she was the cutest human on the planet.

"Back so soon?" she joked with us. "He's a stupid boy," she continued. "Oh, no, the wedding is still on. Yes, he's a stupid boy, but I love him," I laughed. "Oh, then what brings you back in here on your big day?" she asked. "I just wanted to get a thread fix and maybe put a nice lace around my stomach for the dress," I said, answering her question. As I was talking to the old lady about my dress, Luna looked through all of the dresses hanging up for display.

I quickly got what I asked for on my dress and thanked the lady for her kind and selfless help. She wished me luck on my day and for the rest of my life. Married to Liam Turner, I was going to need it, I joked to myself.

While in the dressing room, Logan went in to talk to Liam about his big day. "Are you ready for today, man?" he asked as he patted Liam on the back, ushering him that it was time. "I've been ready since ninth grade," Liam answered his brother while tying his tie. All of the wedding guests got settled into their seats while the groomsmen and bridesmaids made their way to the stage with Liam leading them. Liam stood at the top of the stairs on the stage of the church and waited for me to walk through the doors.

The doors soon opened and there I was, in front of all our friends and family, walking down the aisle to my wedding. The classic bridal song played as I slowly made my way to the stage. I looked up at Liam and he was full on crying at my appearance. As I finally got up to him he whispered to me, "You look beautiful." I started crying too and the minister began reading the traditional script for a wedding. We read our vows to each other and made each other cry even more.

"Skye Stewart, you've been my best friend since the ninth grade. I tried to fight our love and do everything that I could to ignore what we had but it was too strong. When I met you, I hated the world. I wanted nothing to do with people and I certainly wanted nothing to do with you. But as I got to know you, you taught me what it means to love myself and to love the people around me. That also included you. I never knew what love was until I met you. You made me into a better person and because of you, I'm standing here today. I loved you yesterday, I love you today, and I will love you forever."

"Liam Turner, where do I begin? Before I met you, I would go from guy to guy and never want a serious relationship because of the possibility of them leaving. But you taught me something else about myself. You taught me what it means to truly be in love and to truly live. I tried to ignore what we had, as well, but it was too strong. Each time we were brought back together, I knew it was for a purpose. And that purpose is by standing here today, telling you how much I love you. Because I loved you yesterday, I love you today, and I will love you forever."

After reading our vows, the minister told Liam that he can kiss his bride. As the crowd cheered, we exited the church for the first time as husband and wife. After a few minutes of letting people transition from one building to another, we re-entered for the reception.

The crowd cheered once more and we walked over to our assigned seats. The room was decorated with beautiful lights hanging from the ceiling and flowers over the walls. The roar of conversation from the guests died down as we were introduced once more. We said a little toast and then ate our meal. After eating the delicious meal, it was time for the first dance. Liam and I looked at each other and knew exactly what song we wanted as our first dance. He stood up and held out his hand saying, "Will you dance with me, Skye Stewart? Excuse me, will you dance with me, Skye Turner?" he said with the biggest smile. I took his hand while standing up and replied with my famous line, "I thought you'd never ask." The song "From This Moment On" played as we danced for the first time as a married couple. During the song and the dance, I had multiple flashbacks of all of our best memories and it made me so happy. All of that heartache, joy, laughter, pain, and sadness, led me to this moment right here.

When the song was over, we visited with people while some other people continued to dance to other songs. After the reception was over, Liam took me outside and asked me one simple question. One question that I had been wondering throughout our entire story. But one question that I was sure of today.

"So is this all you've ever dreamed of?" Liam asked. "It's all of that and more," I said with a smile and gleaming eyes. While still looking into his eyes, I also said, "I was right."

"Right about what?" he asked with a now confused look. "In the times that we were apart in high school and even when we met again in Chicago, I constantly asked myself if it was worth it, if you were worth it." He didn't say anything but just kept looking at me. "So I was right, it was. Liam Turner, you were definitely worth fighting for." Listening to those words, Liam had the biggest smile on his face while he pulled me into our first kiss as a married couple.