Chapter 2

The sound of my alarm going off made me realize that summer was over. Don't get me wrong, I love the first day of school, but I wasn't ready for summer to end. I quickly got dressed and headed down to breakfast where my annoying brothers, Shane and Spencer were already eating.

Shane is the captain of the basketball team and is pretty popular among the girls at school. He will be a senior this year so that means I have to share the halls with him. Spencer on the other hand, is a musical genius. He also plays basketball but his real talent is making music. He's not as popular as Shane but he's still popular. Spencer is a junior this year so that means there will be 3 Stewart kids at Franklin High. Shane and Spencer both have brown hair and brown eyes unlike me. They're also fairly tall while I'm only 5'1".

However, having two older brothers who are both athletes has made me become tough over the years.

Neither of them really talked to me at breakfast but what's new. I cleaned off my plate after I was finished eating and went upstairs to grab my backpack. Shane was driving us and he always likes to be there early so he can flirt with all of the girls.

After a long, boring car ride with Shane blasting rock music, I got out of the car and was completely overwhelmed. There were so many kids in one building! How do we even all fit in here? Finding Luna and Quinn was going to be harder than I thought. Quinn was our other friend. She's extremely shy but also pretty smart. She's average in height with golden brown hair and hazel eyes. She also has a secret crush on my brother, Shane, but he doesn't know about it.

At this point, I'd be lucky if I found my locker. As I was looking around I accidentally bumped into someone and nearly fell.

"I'm so sorry!" I said as I looked to see who it was.

Great, it was clearly a senior. Thankfully, he just kept walking. I didn't need to start up any trouble on the first day of school.

Soon a girl with long blonde hair, like me, came up to me. "Hi, I'm Marisol," she said. "Hi, I'm Skye," I replied. This girl was the most popular girl in school, why was she talking to me?

"Do you want to sit with us at lunch? We have room for you. You'd be a great addition to our group." Marisol asked. Really? Sit at the popular table? Count me in. "Sure, I'd like that," I told her and she smiled while saying bye. I mean, I'm sure Luna and Quinn wouldn't mind. This is a good opportunity for me.

After several minutes of walking down crowded halls, I finally found my locker. I pulled it open and it hit me in the head. Ouch! Why am I so clumsy today? A few people around me started laughing and pointing. I decided to shake it off and take a deep breath. I grabbed my books and started heading for first period. I had geometry. Ugh.

I'm not a math person so this is torturous to put it first thing in the morning for me. Anyways, I was secretly hoping for Logan to be in some of my classes. He had to be in at least one, right?

I walked into the classroom and there weren't that many students there yet. However, I saw Logan's brother, Liam, in the back of the classroom. He had the same brown hoodie he had on at orientation. Does this boy ever change his wardrobe? I sat down in the front and center because that's where I will pay attention the most. I need to pay attention in this class otherwise I'm going to start failing within the first week.

"Miss Stewart, there is assigned seating," my teacher said while pointing to the board. This is a nightmare, why can't I just choose where I learn?

I walked up to the board and looked for my last name. My assigned seat was in the very back...right in front of Liam. I guess it makes sense because our last names are next to each other alphabetically.