Anonymous

Phase Six: Just Don't Die

I could hear his voice, felt his shoulder next to mine. He kept talking and talking to himself. I can't take this anymore. Where is everyone? For sure they'd be looking for me, but I didn't think it would take this long. I hear yelling and arguing in the other room. It's dark and I can't see a thing. I feel his eyes turn on me as I slowly put my head down in tears.

"They'll be here soon. I'm sure of it," he tells me.

"Chad, I can't do this. I want to leave. What do they need from us?"

"I don't know. I wish I did. I wish I knew how to save you, Hun." He whispers in my hear, and I take in his beautiful scent of man as he leans backwards in his chair.

I'm pretty sure I'm getting a rope burn from being tied up so long. I can hear and feel him try to fight the ropes.

"It's useless," I sigh, "Even if we do make it out of them, this place is wired with dozens of cameras and alarms. We can't make it out of here. We never will, no matter how hard we try. So just stop." I spit in a low voice, slapping him with the edge of my fingers.

"Well then," he mutters. "You know, if you'd stop being so pessimistic, we might be outta here?"

"I'm sorry, but it's true. And honesty is the best policy remember?" I say coyly, remembering the quote he always said when I lied. "Besides, the only way to escape now, is if someone comes and helps us. Which obviously isn't happening anytime soon."

"Stop it. They will come. They're probably looking for you right now."

The door opens and a dark figure walks in. "Be quiet!" A voice that I can't quite comprehend says, "You can't get out. We are experts at tying knots, boy, and you won't untie it or loosen it in the slightest. None of your pathetic little friends are looking for you. I can't believe you even have friends," the voice directs towards me. His face is inches from mine.

"Bruh, just shut up, okay?" Chad spits, leaning forward, and pulling me with him.

The man threw a punch then there was silence. As soon as the door slams shut, I gasp, "Chad..." For a second he doesn't respond, and a silent tear rolls down my cheek.

But then a cold hand grasps mine and his soft voice whispers bravely, "It'll all be okay."

I grit my teeth and close my eyes. I've never been all that optimistic, and now I can't even start to believe there's a way out of here. Chad's hand is still holding mine as my head lolls forward.

But I wasn't unconscious just yet when I heard a familiar voice scream loudly, "LEMME GO, DUDE! YOU DO NOT WANT MY GNARLY BOYFRIEND TO HUNT YOU DOWN AND WHOOP YOUR BUTT, MAN! HE WILL CRUSH YOU LIKE A BOSS!"