Dunwitchya

Phase 13: Welcoming Dyddie and Well Done Donuts (literally)

"Chief said she'd be back in a sec," Radhika groans after plopping next to Sohail. Everyone now knows about Rohail and Lock.

Which is my OTP right now. It used to be Rohail--everyone knew something was up; let's be honest, they're not good hiders--but now it's Lock because they're both really weird and adorable together! Swoon...

Wish I could find the perfect one for me.

I frown at the thought as Radhika sighs and Sohail drapes an arm around her and they scoot closer. My jaw ticks as Lauren gets tickled by Brock. Riley and Jaxon--who got back right before I did--hug each other close and Jaxon whispers cute words in her ear, making her giggle and blush. They're being cute little couples and I...

I have no one.

At least Heidi and Chad are out running errands because if they were here... well they're just the cutest of them all.

The doors burst open, and everyone jumps up hoping its Chief. But when we realize it's Dylan, everyone huffs and groans and grunts and plops back down.

His eyes scan the room for something, a look of longing filling them. Seeing him like this, all puffy eyed and red cheeked, makes me... feel sad. When his eyes land on me, however, they light up and his cheeks rise in temperature.

"Maddie!" He chirps, his legs tripping over each other as he sprints across the room to get to me. "Maddie, oh my gosh! You're here! You're here!" His arms circle around me, and, with the overwhelming weight of him, I fall back, toppling over the top of the lounging couch.

"Dylan!" I screech, but before I can say my ever-famous line of "you dipwad", I am captivated by his deep blue eyes. "Dylan," I murmur, trying to swim to the surface of the sea that is his gorgeous blue eyes that pull me under a spell.

"I missed you so much," He whispers, trailing his fingers along my cheekbone.

He's so different.

"When you were gone, I cried and cried. I needed my little partner that took care of me and my mistakes."

Or maybe he's always been so sweet; it was just covered by a shawl of idiocy. Which is the most adorable thing, now that I think about it.

His fingers stop at my lips, and I can't help myself from staring at his own. Before I know it, they're on mine, pushing softly. My arms reach up and I pull him closer to me, wrapping them around his neck.

When he pulls away, still holding my face with his hands, I gasp for air and listen to him. "Welcome home, Maddie."

~~~***~~~

"Well done, Radhika, Shaely, and Sohail!" Chief cheers, standing in front of us in the conference room. "Geake has been so kind as to make us 'Well Done' doughnuts!" Clapping, Cheif jumps over to the small table behind her.

Someone's in a mood. She's even using first names.

I don't think I've ever seen her like this. I look to the brunette in the corner, his smile making me uncomfortable. He's so hot...

"Everyone gets one!" Chief exclaims, passing them around. "Well, except me because I don't think I'll try Shaely's 'Well Done' in fear of death! For all we know, they're probably literally well done!" Through all of this, she wears a joking smile.

Shaely glares, but everyone--including her--starts to laugh really hard. This is how it used to be. At least according to Heidi, and when I look back over at her, I know it's what she's been looking forward to since Lauren and Radhika made that comment about getting Chief a lover. I look over at Mr. Toby in the corner, who's laughing at his friend.

Apparently, Addison and Matthew are here too, just in the library "looking for books." Ha, yeah right.

So Chief has some two boys to choose between, but personally I'd pick Mr. Mysterious.

You see, the entire agency here has began to pick sides. There's Team Toby and Team Brent. I'm Team Brent, but Dylan says that guy scares him. So he's Team Toby.

After all the doughnuts are passed out, I look to my left at Heidi and ask, "Which team you on?"

"Team Toby!" Dylan hisses from my right.

I roll my eyes and shove him. Heidi laughs. "Let me tell you something," she says, placing her doughnut down. Chad scoots closer and Radhika, Sohail, and Shaely all lean in. "Team Toby isn't gonna happen. Toby is just her friend. He flirts with her, but he's sadly friend-zoned. I don't know about Brent, either. Last I saw, though, Audrey and Brent were talking about the Australian Detective Agency. His arm was wrapped around her and she was smiling really big. They like each other, but I'm not sure she's ready to move on just yet."

"It's been four years." Lauren asserts, having joined the conversation. "Since Finn... you know." Everyone's eyes squint up except for Heidi and Lauren's.

"Yeah, but you didn't even know him." Heidi snaps, turning away from her.

I furrow my brow, but decide to leave it there.

Everyone sighs and shares their side:

Radhika as a Team Toby, along with Sohail, Dylan, and Riley. Brock, Chad, Jaxon, Lauren and I all are on Team Brent. Heidi is undecided.

I guess we have to wait and see how this all plays out.

Fingers crossed for Brent!!!

~~~***~~~

A/N:

Early update!!! What team are you on???