Anonymous

Code Name: I'm melting I'm melting!

It's always dark and cold down here, but I don't mind. The computers are my friends... my only friends. Right now, I'm programming a way to find Heidi Dazzleberry, the Chief's assistant. She doesn't know who I am, but I look up to her. I've always wanted to be a secret spy.

But it's when I'm searching for her whereabouts that the door creaks open, and I'm blinded by light.

"Gahhh!" I croak softly. The light... it's been so long since I've seen light.

"Well, I don't know if these things still work..." Someone says, a small guy voice.

A feminine voice full of soft shyness talks next. "They're probably covered in cobwebs."

"Naw dip, Sherlock."

The chief! I'll actually get to see her... once my sight comes back.

I scramble around, trying to regain balance and stability. I reach up and fix my crooked glasses so that they sit on the bridge of my long nose. The voices begin to get louder.

"I'm just not sure..." the first male voice says.

"Well, my idea was still da bomb, right?" A new voice says. A girly voice.

I stagger toward the light. Oh, the light. Why do you have to hurt so bad?

"Gahhh! Gollum! Run for your lives!" The first voice I heard screams before sprinting away.

"Omigawd!" The second girl, who I can begin to make out through the light, says. "Heer is right! It is Gollum!"

"He's gonna eat us alive!" A new masculine voice squeaks. He's got glasses and freckles. His light brown hair is neatly place on his head.

"I'm not a 'he'," I growl.

"Agh! A She-Gollum!" The first girl, Heer I believe they said, squeals. She runs behind the boy.

"Holy shizzlecakes." The chief comes into view. "Who the shiz are you?" She asks, stepping towards me.

"My name is Shaely D. Geake."

"No kidding." The peppy blonde mutters.

"You know how to work these things?" Chief nods toward the computers.

"Of course," I assure.

A grin grows on her face. "Welcome to the team, Geake."

Then, she turns on her heel, and everyone follows her upstairs.

"I prefer the term 'nerd'!" I call.

Oh wait. She was calling me by my last name. Duh.

You're stupid.

Who was that?!

I'm your brain. Use it.