No Silly, I'm Star

TW: Mention of mental illness, violence against sex workers, and sex/gender objectification in this chapter.

Artist of Chapter Image: Unknown

Source of Chapter Image: Pinterest

Character Origin of Chapter Image: Unknown

Disclaimer: I recognize the image to be art of a character created by someone else. I do not own rights to the artwork, nor do I seek to appropriate it as mine nor of my own mind. I simply include this work as reference for the likeness to my own OC of this story, since I do not currently have the skills to draw them myself nor the means to commission. Thank you :)

As soon as I heard the slowing beat of Rin's heart, signaling she was asleep, I bolted out of the window. I mentally cursed her for taking longer than usual to fall asleep, even if she had no control over that. A few minutes before she fell asleep I could feel my thoughts slipping. I need to get farther away before I change. I bounded from rooftop to rooftop until I found myself in the slums of L.A, if there could even be a slum in the city of slums. I decided to stay here, considering it would be better than being in the busier part of the city for what happens when I change. I jumped down and leaned against the one of few working light posts. The silence of this street was unnerving, as I could hear the cars on the other street. I felt a calming breeze and looked up to see the bright, full moon, the haze of pollution obscuring it slightly.

STAR'S OTHER PERSONALITY'S P.O.V:

I'm in the slum sector? I smirked. Not allowing me to be in the fun part of the city?! And this is my last day. I shook my head. What a pity. Soooo mean. Oh well, I should make the best of it. Whatever unfortunate soul to cross my path tonight will receive special treatment. I heard the familiar, annoying sound of heels against the concrete. A prostitute? Perfect. I smirked, skipping down the dark, silent street in the mood for torture. Once I got close enough to see the prostitute, I mentally laughed. Short, brown shorts; striped, black and white bra; black knee length coat with magenta fur trim that buttoned a little below her bust, a silver tassel on the left belt loop, and black, knee- high boots. So cliché. This should be fun.

I thought as I skipped up to her. I stopped and slightly bowed, giving her a look of insanity. She studied me for a moment before letting down her guard.

"Girls cost extra." She stated with a thick Jersey accent as she smacked her gum. I continued staring at her with an insane look. She creased her brow, smudging her mascara on the thick, purple eye shadow. It really clashed with the thick red lip stain she was trying to pull off.