Akira Kurusu x College!Reader (P5)

Sighing deeply, you collapsed on your desk as everyone around you packed away their things. Today's class was a long one, and your professor wasn't the nicest... 

A girl you had made friends with beside you laughed at your crumpled form. "I feel you. Want to go get something to eat after this? I need some sustenance."

You lifted your head, feeling a tad better. "Aw, sorry, I can't. I'm going out with my boyfriend today."

She smirked. "What, need to pick him up from school?"

You rolled your eyes. "He's a year younger than me! Chill out."

This made her laugh more, and you playfully pushed her. 

"Seriously though, it's nice you're still together. It wasn't hard graduating before him?"

You remembered the teary last days of high school, and try to control your telling expression. "Uh, a little... But it's not like much has changed!" 

Other than being super busy... and the time being less and less... 

Your friend hit your shoulder back, breaking you out of your trailing thoughts.

"Well go get him! Leave us sad singles to be depressed." She joked with a faux glare. 

You were about to answer when your phone pinged.

Akira: "I'm waiting outside, is that okay? I really wanted to see you." 

When you started to smile, your friend leaned in to get a peek. Unfortunately you were too late to move your phone, and she grinned.

"Aw, isn't that sweet?" She laughed. "Oh! Since he's here, can I see him? Pleeease?"

Your face burned, thinking of all the teasing that would include. "Ugh... Only for a bit. Then you're out!"

"Yes!" She cheered, fists pumped. 

                                                _______________________________________

Akira stood outside campus, back against the wall. When he read your reply, he hid a chuckle behind his hand. 

You ❤️: "It is, I'll be out soon. But my friend is with me, so hang in there..." 

Just in time, you peered around the corner and waved. Then, your friend popped over your shoulder.

"So this is the famous Akira!" 

Akira put his hand out politely, nodding. "It is. I'm glad I could meet my darling's friend."

"Da-?!" You nearly coughed, while your friend looked between you two with a maniacal smirk. 

"Nicknames? Ooh, this was definitely worth coming here for." She said. "How long have you been dating?"

"You don't need to answer-"

"Three wonderful years." Akira replied with ease. 

As your friend fangirled beside you, you looked at Akira incredulously. He seemed to pretend you weren't, and continued to smile innocently. 

Suddenly, she seemed to run out of steam. "Ah, this is cute, but it's making me feel more single... so I'll leave you two lovebirds alone!"

With that she took off with a wave, and you tiredly waved back. When she was far in the distance, you turned to Akira.

"'Darling'?!"

"Yes, sweetheart?" 

"That's not what I..." You blushed, giving up and covering your face.

Akira smiled, clearly having fun. "Sorry, it's cute seeing you embarrassed. Plus I can't see you blush at Shujin, so I've missed it."

You peeked through the spaces of your fingers. "... I missed you too. It's hard having less time with you."

Akira pet your head, then let his hand fall to where it cupped your cheek. 

"Well we still have the rest of the day. Let's make the most of it."

You nodded. His gentle gaze and warm hands made you feel relaxed, until you remembered other students passing the gate. 

Quickly you stepped back. "Y-Yeah. Let's go then!"

Akira's expression wavered slightly, but smiled back. 

                                                _______________________________________

The two of you made your way to a local cafe, and you slid into the comfy seats with ease. Akira chuckled at how you instantly relaxed. 

"Rough day?"

You mumbled in agreement. "Very... But I do enjoy it most of the time. Class, that is."

"I'm glad you do. I knew you'd be just fine." Akira said comfortingly. He slid his hand across the table to cover yours. 

It relaxed you, and you let him intertwine fingers. He let out a sigh. 

"I miss this too." 

You laughed bashfully. "We still hold hands whenever we're together."

"True. But you don't miss our youthful romance?"

You nudged his foot under the table. "Don't act like I'm old suddenly!"

"Heh, sorry." He leaned forward. "At least summer break is soon, we can do even more together. More than holding hands."

He took you by surprise, but you decided to fire it back at him. "I want more too, we can up for lost time."

When he blinked at you, eyes wide behind his fake glasses, you smiled a bit. "With hugs and kisses of course. What were you thinking?"

He shook his head, his cheeks tinged pink. He smiled back. "... You got me."

You shared a laugh, continuing to chat. He talked about how everyone at Shujin was, his current exams and his plans to go to the same college. As he spoke, you couldn't help but stare at how the sunlight casted over him, making him shine. Suddenly you wanted to be closer, even if there were people around. 

He noticed your gaze, stopping with a tilt of his head. 

You lifted the menu, shielding it over the side of your face. 

"I... I want a kiss."

Akira looked surprised for a moment, then smiled sweetly. He lifted his own menu, and now you were both in your own world. 

"I thought you'd never ask." 

He leaned in, and his soft lips pressed against yours. It was gentle and warmed you up inside, making your chest feel full. He used his other hand to cup your cheek once more, and the kiss became deeper. You could taste the coffee he was drinking. 

It was clear how much he longed to be close to you again.

Remembering where you were, you pulled away and tried to act aloof. Akira seemed to act the same as usual, but his glasses were a little fogged up. 

A server came over, and you nearly jumped out of your seat. 

"Can I get you both anything else? Something to eat?"

Before you could say anything, Akira piped up.

"Actually we're done, thank you." He turned to you. "Shall we go?"

You agreed, hoping the server didn't notice your flustered appearance. "Th-Thanks."

They nodded and left. Akira took your hand. 

"I need to recharge on you some more. Is that okay?"

You squeezed his, and smiled. "It is. The same goes for me."

                                                _______________________________________

A/N: Requested by @Ken_Laura

Hope it was enjoyable, and sorry for the wait!