Rise Kujikawa x Tsundere!Male!Reader (P4)

"You're looking sour today, Y/n-kun." Rise observed, leaning close to your face with raised eyebrows.

Immediately you backed up, your back banging into the chair and clattering at the sudden movement. "What? I'm fine." 

She hummed before sitting across from you. "If you say so."

Being close friends ever since childhood, Rise already knew your personality and actions well, as you did with hers. She also knew that although your words often came off as cruel or uncaring, your cold personality would eventually thaw and warm up to a person. That was true for many of your friends, but it hadn't happened for Rise quite yet.

For all those years of friendship you had been harbouring a crush, one you'd keep silent about all the while. Since you were so shy, you could never work up the courage to speak your feelings aloud, and so due to muffling those feelings under an attempt of an apathetic mask, your words came off harsher than usual around her.

You hated it, but yet you couldn't find yourself able to just be honest. Both to her, and yourself.

"You know you're glaring at nothing again, right?" Rise asked rhetorically, pouting slightly. "Wait a sec- are you glaring at me?!"

You crossed your arms, quickly averting your eyes. You didn't even realise you were staring at her. Great. "Don't be stupid... Why would I do that?" 

Rise huffed. "You tell me!"

Your stomach twisted uncomfortably. Why'd you have to say it like that? Just say sorry. Two words, that's all.

"Jeez, I was just asking." Rise frowned, before her eyes suddenly lit up. "Oh, Senpai!"

As you heard her cheerful voice ring out throughout the Junes foodcourt, you turned your head to see the source of her excitement. 

'Of course...'

Approaching the table was Yu, a transfer student. He was overall silent, but somehow still charismatic and smart to boot. Rise also had a massive crush on him, clearly.

"Rise." Yu greeted, you coming into view as well. "Y/n, too. What are you two doing here?"

"Could be asking you the same thing." You muttered, your gaze flickering to the table.

Rise raised an eyebrow once again, but said nothing about it, instead turning her attention to the second year. "Yeah, Senpai! Did you come to see me?"

"Actually, Yosuke called me over." He explained, holding up his phone. "He got stuck with a ton of work, so I'm helping out." 

"You're so dependable." Rise complimented, face aglow with a smile. Unconsciously you had clicked your tongue, which caught Yu's attention. 

He simply stared for a moment, before a half-smile formed on his face. "I can stay for a little while though."

"Great!" Rise sat back down in her seat, resting her chin between her palms. "I'm glad I caught you, Senpai! Y/n-kun has been moody all day."

Yu held a look of understanding in his eyes, nodding along. "I see."

You scoffed. "What about it?"

"See?" Rise rolled her eyes, but didn't seem too mad. "Anyway, I'm kinda thirsty. I'll be back soon, Senpai!"

He raised his hand in a calm, casual wave as Rise walked away, soon turning to you as she faded from sight. 

"Y/n, can I talk to you?" He questioned.

Shrugging, you forced yourself to look up to meet his eyes. "You already are."

"That's true." Yu replied with a smile. "But, I wanted to ask. You like Rise, don't you?"