Teddie x Fem!Reader (P4)

"Bread, milk... Hm, what else?" You murmured to yourself, scanning the shelves. You were starting to regret not writing down what your parents asked you to get. Junes was crammed with all kinds of items, and often you'd find yourself picking something up to inspect even if you had no use for it.

Being so engrossed in the shelves, you didn't notice the sound impending footsteps coming towards you until you were abruptly shoved into the canned foods section. In your shock you had dropped the basket you were carrying, the contents spilling out on the floor.

Rubbing the side of your head, you blinked hard. Everything moved so fast, you honestly had no idea what happened. There was a new addition to your surroundings however, that much was easily noticeable due to his bright blond hair.

"W-Woah! I'm super sorry, Miss! I was trying to get away from Yosuke and I bumped into you!" He apologised quickly, gesturing wildly.

"Huh, Yosuke...?" You mumbled out, confused. "Well, it's fine. No harm done. Kind of..."

"Yeah, Yosuke! He was getting me in trouble again because I was snacking. He looked real mad." The boy then glanced at the items on the floor, diving down to retrieve them. "Oh, let me help!"

It took a moment for you to register his actions completely before you knelt down adjacent to him to help. "Ah, thanks... I appreciate it."

After carefully placing the items back in the basket, he grinned cheerfully at you. "No need to thank me, this bear is always happy to help out the ladies!"

"Bear?" You echoed, puzzlement etched across your features. The blond boy stiffened suddenly, not subtle at all in his actions. 

"B-Bear? Did I say bear? I don't think I did! Ahaha!" He laughed awkwardly, his voice going an even high octave.

You watched him carefully. What a strange guy... He seemed nice enough though.

"Well, alright then." You replied, deciding to simply roll with it. "Thanks again, um..."

The boy snapped out of his rigid stance and beamed once again. "My name's Teddie, but you can call me 'anytime'!" 

"Teddie, huh." You interrupted, nodding to yourself. "Mine is Y/n. I'll see you again, maybe."

Standing up from your position on the floor, you lifted your basket and continued on your shopping spree. Teddie got up quickly after getting over the swift rejection, rushing to your side.

"W-Wait! Can I stay with you? If I'm alone, Yosuke will kill me!" He pleaded. 

You looked at the label of a soup can in thought. "I wonder if I should get this."

"S-So cold, Y/n-chan..." Teddie shivered. When you finally turned your head to look at him, he gave you puppy eyes.

"Please? I can even help you shop! I work here, did ya know that?" He informed you with pride. 

"... Shouldn't you be working then?" You questioned curiously.

Teddie furrowed his eyebrows, giving him a serious expression that looked somewhat odd on him. "I will be if I stay with you!"

You paused for a moment before you nodded. "Alright. I do have a budget though, and I'm not afraid to haggle."

"E-Ehh... I'm not that much of a salesperson..." Teddie half-laughed, unsure if you were joking. He soon brightened up again. "Oh, but I can recommend the sweets here!"

"Right, you mentioned that. I wonder if that Yosuke guy is looking for you right now." You thought aloud, seeing Teddie freeze from the corner of your eye.