Yu Narukami x Fem!Reader (P4)

Drenched in sweat and your heart pounding, you shot up from your bed. Your grasp on the covers over you was tight, defining your knuckles as you clenched onto them.

Although you were met with the familiar darkness in your room, the images from before you awoke plagued your mind, and with shaking hands you wiped your damp eyes. 

Even while knowing it was just your imagination, simply thinking about your dream left you with a twisting feeling in your stomach accompanied with an unpleasant nausea. It all felt unbelievably real.

You were desperate to just forget it all and go back to sleep, but you knew it wasn't going to be easy. Just as well, since the once comfortable covers and cushions felt stifling in the warmth they had accumulated.

Due to the light that had escaped from the corners of the heavy curtain, you saw your phone by your bedside table, and pressing turning it on you sighed at the time. 

With not long since made memories running through your head, you hurriedly picked up your phone and unlocked it, wanting to keep your mind off of it. However even the songs you listened to and the feeds you scrolled through were enough to properly distract you. 

You raised your knees up to your chest in a protective manner. 'I wish Yu was here.'

The thought surprised even you, as it just came to mind. But as you let your mind dwell on it, you found your fingers typing out a message before you could force yourself not to. 

Are you awake?  After some hesitation, you added to it. Sorry if I'm bothering you. 

A short moment passed, and you a sigh left from your lips. Of course he wouldn't be awake! 

Just then your phone emitted a soft jingle, and despite its gentle sound you had jumped, looking down at the screen. 

It was Yu. Within a small movement of your thumb, you answered it.

"Ah, hi..." You greeted quietly. "Did I wake you up?" 

His calm tone still held its presence, even over a phone call. "No, I was already awake. What's keeping you up?"

You paused. "I, well... I had a nightmare." 

Swiftly after the words left your mouth, you mentally kicked yourself. You just made yourself sound stupid, didn't you? 

"I see." He replied. "Did something cause it? Like a horror movie?"

You shook your head although he couldn't see it. "No, nothing like that... But I just can't stop thinking about it." 

"What happened?" He questioned. Before you were forcing yourself to try and forget, but with Yu gently coercing you, you managed to open up. To your surprise, you felt somewhat better after talking about it.

"I see how that'd scare you." Yu spoke up after patiently listening to you. "It won't ever happen though."

You couldn't help but feel he was only saying empty words to reassure you, but you asked anyway. "How do you know?"

His answer was immediate. "Because I won't let it, of course." 

You faltered slightly in your response, and your grip on your phone slackened. "O-Oh... But, how can you know for sure?" 

Yu hummed quizzically over the speaker. You bit your lip, reluctant to speak. 

"We won't... Always be together, will we?" You asked rhetorically. "And in that time, maybe something bad will-"

"Want me to come over?" Although he interrupted you, his tone was polite.

"Wh-What?" Remembering the time, you lowered the volume of your voice from its previous outburst. "But it's late, and aren't Nanako-chan and Dojima-san home? They'll be wondering where you went."