Goro Akechi x Akira's Sister!Reader (P5) [2]

You had been feeling quite dazed since your last interaction with Akechi, but thankfully it seemed that the group hadn't noticed your frequent daydreaming. They did however ask repeatedly about the law firm and what they were up to. Your answers would usually be the same, they were focusing on current crime,  it wasn't anything to worry about. Accidents and the like came up often as well, and one day you recognised the name being spoken among the employees.

Your fears were confirmed when there was an assembly held about the principal's unfortunate death. Although you disliked his methods of dealing with things, or rather his ignorance of it; you felt sorry for him. 

Despite the gloomy news, you and everyone else continued to live out a regular school life, as instructed by Makoto. Being able to slip under people's radars was certainly easy when nobody cared to speak to you.  

After school had ended, you went ahead and walked to the station alone. Akira had other plans, so he said he'd see you at Le Blanc later. You has grown quite used to how busy the station was, so you expected to get pushed a little bit. You descended the escalator, but just before walking ahead you saw somebody familiar. 

He was by the wall, peering cautiously over the side. He seemed to not have noticed your presence, as when you approached and pat his shoulder, he jumped quite dramatically. 

Akechi's head swivelled in your direction, his face softening with relief as he saw it was you. He sighed. "Oh, it's just you. Thank goodness." 

"Who else would it be...?" You asked, half-concerned. You hadn't seem him so rattled before. 

"Well, how should I say this?" He scratched his cheek awkwardly. "Some girls were, um, adamant  to speak with me. It got a bit chaotic."

You stayed silent as you listened, but eventually couldn't help but giggle. He blinked at you, confused.

"S-Sorry, it's just kinda funny to imagine." You explained, after managing to fight down most of the uncontrollable giggles. "It must be tough being famous." 

His reply was delayed for a moment as he watched you laugh, but soon he smiled back. "It can be. I'm appreciative of the support, but sometimes it can be too much." 

"I don't blame you for thinking that." You said, peering past the wall like he had moments before. "So you've been hiding here?" 

"Not hiding, exactly..." At your pointed look, he cleared his throat. "... You could say that." 

You laughed a little, and he changed the subject. "What about yourself? Ah, school just ended hasn't it?" 

With a nod, you replied. "It did. Don't you go to school, too?"

"I do, but not as much as I'd like. This occupation is indeed a busy one." He sighed. "It feels a bit lonely at times, not being around people my own age. I suppose that is the price of it though." 

His polite smile only faltered for a moment, if you hadn't seen the forlorn look in his eyes you would have missed it completely. 

"... Are you busy right now?"

"Hm?" He looked at you quizzically. "No, I'm finished for the day. Why do you ask?"

Tapping your index fingers together anxiously, you glanced from side to side before eventually settling your gaze on Akechi. 

"Well, we said we'd hang out again right?" You stated. "Isn't this a good time? And we could knock your fangirls off their trail for a bit." 

He chuckled at your reasoning. "That is true. Then by all means, lead the way."