Yosuke Hanamura x Fem!Shy!Reader (P4)

As summertime rolled in, noisy with cicadas and unbearable with heat, your friends and you hung outside more often than not, walking around in Junes and taking advantage of the air conditioned there.

"Uugh, it's too hot." Chie complained, fanning herself with her hands although the effort proved to be fruitless. 

You nodded in agreement, wiping your forehead the millionth time.

"At least you guys aren't working." Yosuke spoke up, turning to the group, looking unimpressed.

Kanji grumbled. "Dude, you're standing under an air conditioner."

"That's... Well, whatever!" Yosuke have up on trying to explain himself. "Anyway, why are you all here?" 

Pouting, Rise leaned against a cool wall. "There's nowhere else to go. Hey, can we get to the freezer isle already?"

"What?! So you're just using my friendship for freezer privileges." Yosuke frowned, folding his arms. 

Yukiko nodded. "It is helpful! Now, where was it again? It seems like Junes gets bigger every time we go."

Yosuke let his head drop with a sigh. You fiddled with your fingers. As everyone was talking, you were actually working up the course to say something. 

"Um, Yosuke..." You started meekly. "Don't you have days off during the summer?" 

The headphone-wearing boy raised his head to look at you, and it took all you had for you to not avert your eyes.

"Oh, yeah! Next week I'm home free." He smiled. It was so contagious that you couldn't help but return it.

Yu stepped in beside you, so quiet that you didn't even realise he was there until he spoke. "Then why don't we do something?"

Sucdenly high in spirits, Rise stood up straight and beamed. "That's a great idea, Senpai!"

"You mean to do a summer activity?" Naoto inquired. "Hm, that does seem logical."

Kanji raised a stiff fist in the air. "Y-Yeah, I'm down too!"

"Heh, that's just like you partner." Yosuke nodded at Yu. "What to do though... Hm..."

For a moment there's as silence as everyone thought of what they wanted to do. That's when you and the rest of the girls noticed a stare on you. Turning around, you could see that Yosuke was grinning.

"Hey, why don't we just head to the beach? That's a summer activity, amiright?" He asked rhetorically, seemingly much chipper than previously.

Naoto let out a sigh. "I have a bad feeling about this..."

"What? It makes perfect sense!" Yosuke argued lightly. "Kanji agrees, right?"

In a daze, Kanji's shoulder stiffened as he managed to get out a flustered reply. "Uh, yeah! I mean, the beach, summer? It goes together too well, aha, ha, ha..."

Shuffling her feet in though, Chie hummed. "Well, I have to agree on that. I'm itching to just run around on some sand."

"I agree too, and a change of scenery is always nice!" Yukiko said cheerfully. 

Yu turned to face you, noticing your silence. "What do you think?"

Slightly startled, you jumped. "Oh, me? I'm fine with it..."

"Then it's decided! Next week, we hit the beach!" Yosuke proclaimed happily. "I'll let Teddie know later on."

Chie's tense expression softened as she spoke. "Alright, I'm actually getting excited!"