Chapter 5: They've Noticed

Germany POV

Our group had found an open area in the forest near the inn for Poland to try out his new wings. He seemed to be getting the hang of it, and absolutely loved swooping around and doing barrel rolls. Soon we all got a message from the Unions.

Official United Nations Announcement: We have noticed some changes in the magic that Germany presented on a few days ago. And yes, we knew about it. We believe regular humans might be finding the magic, so we advise you to search your populations for these humans. We must also find where any other sources of magic are. If they aren't opened all at once for to long, it could have disastrous consequences. Carefully search your populations for any humans displaying odd characteristics. End of announcement.

We all check our phones and read the announcement.

USA: You guys hear that? They've been tracking the magic!

SK: So are we, in trouble?

J: I don't think so.

R: We will be if we don't find all of the seals!

G: Then that's what we should do. We will find all of the seals and keep humans from getting them!

P: I guess that's a good plan. Didn't you say there were six seals?

G: Yeah?

P: Well there's 6 of us! Each of us could take a seal! Where are the other seals?

G: Well one is apparently close to the Nile, but due to the fact that that area I super populated I expect Egypt and Sudan to be heavily monitoring it right now, especially Egypt. We should probably pick another place.

SK: Like what?

G: Well it says the lands of the sun, island in the south, rock in the desert, and jungles of Asia.

USA: Huh. Well the seal of the sky was in Europe, and the Nile is in Africa, and it did say jungles of Asia, so each of the seals are probably in a different continent.

G: Yeah! So that means the rock in the desert, lands of the sun, and island in the south must be in North America, South America, and Oceania!

USA: And I know my sister well. She has a giant rock called Uluru in her desert. So that marks off Oceania.

J: And that means the island in the south is in South America as that's the only other continent in the south.

SK: Besides Antarctica.

G: Yeah but the tome specifically mentioned lands of life, and Antarctica is the most dead continent their is.

SK: Oh yeah, so that rules it out.

P: We probably shouldn't be seen by the others while we do this, especially since I now have a pair of wings.

G: I think there was a seal related to illusion magic. Hold on.

I shuffle through the notes on the tome and find one mentioning the moon seal.

G: Yeah there is. To bad it's located in the jungles of Asia. That's so non-specific.

J: Well if I had to guess, it's probably some ancient ruins. Both India and Southeast Asia have jungles, so we should start searching there.

G: Yeah but that's alot of land to cover.

SK: Well then let's start in Southeast Asia. India will probably be searching their entire population, so going into a Southeast Asian country will give us less trouble.

J: And I know an ancient landmark in Southeast Asia! Angkor Wat! It's this ancient city in Cambodia. We could travel there and get the moon seal!

P: Yeah but how? It's such a long ways away and my wings aren't strong enough to fly all of you there.

G: I have an idea. Although it might be uncomfortable for you Poland.

P: Why?

G: Well, you'll need to stuff your wings in your shirt and wear a backpack to make them less noticeable.

P: Ugh. I already hated it with the blanket. Maybe I could just fly by my own or ride on the back of the plane.

R: Yeah I'd say that's better. We have less of a chance of Poland being outed and it's less uncomfortable for him.

G: Then let's do it. I'll book some flights to Cambodia while we pack and Poland over here focuses on flight training.

And that's what we do. I book the flights, we pack, and Poland trains on learning how to fly. We depart the next day with Poland holding on to the plane and luckily not being noticed by the pilot. We land in Cambodia after a few days.