CHAPTER 7

I wake up the following morning and get ready for the day ahead. I head downstairs with my bag. I find gran in the kitchen drinking coffee while reading the newspaper. I kiss her cheek and prepare my own coffee.

“Morning gran.”
“Morning Adriane.”
“I have Bo in one of my warehouses but I am not going to kill him yet. I need to teach him a thing or two about the Thompsons.” That grabs her attention because she drops the newspaper and looks at me. She studies my face and my movements carefully.

“I want to be the one who ends him. He took away my happiness. Let me take his life. I want closure and I also want to move on and get laid. It’s been so long since I got laid I have even forgot how it feels like to be kissed.” I burst out laughing. This woman. She wants me to allow him to kill Ty’s enemy and at the same time she is talking about sex. It’s very disturbing.

“I will grant your wish gran. If you want some action you should befriend Sange. She will hook you up but please do it elsewhere not in our home. I don’t wanna be traumatized for life.” She laughs and continues drinking her coffee.

“I won’t. I am pretty sure Ty’s ghost will haunt me should I bring a man over.” We both laugh.
“Are you going somewhere today?”
“I wanna see my grandson first then I have a lunch date with Nkateko’s mother.” I look at her.
“What does she want?”
“I don’t know. But I will find out soon.”
“Since I am also going to see Anathi, let’s go together.” We drinking coffee and head out. “Can I take you out for breakfast?” she chuckles and nods. We get into my car and the driver drives out followed by bodyguards.
We get to the medic warehouse and go to Anathi’s ward. He is sleeping but he is not wearing the face mask so that’s a relief. We get inside and after a minute, a doctor gets in.

“Morning boss. You will be relieved to know that your brother woke up this morning. That’s why we removed the mask. He is recovering well. He will be out of this place soon. You can wake him up if you want.” She smiles and head out. We sit down on the couch with gran. Anathi groans and gran rushes to his bed. She holds his hand.

“Hey monkey, granny is here. How are you?” he clears his throat.
“I am fine granny, although my ribs hurt.”
“You are going to be fine. Are you hungry?” he chuckles.
“You know I am always hungry granny.” I stand up and go stand near gran.
“Hey Anna.” He chuckles.
“When will you stop calling me that?”
“When you get married.” I say and he laughs. “Don’t laugh, you are going to hurt yourself.”
“Adriane is right, take it easy monkey.”
“Let me ask Sange to buy food for you.” I take out my phone and text her. We stay for a while and Sange gets in with a KFC Paper bag.
“And you wonder why I love you so much Sange.” Anathi says while trying to sit up and we laugh at him. I help him sit up and hand him the food.

“How are you lover boy?” Sange asks and winks at Anathi. Anathi has had this silly crush on Sange for a very long time. Right now he is blushing like crazy.
“How about we leave you two alone and go to our date?” I say heading to the door. Gran says goodbye and we both head out.
.
.
“Hhe phela we gogo I saw Cole shagging his PA at his office yesterday.” Gran splits her juice and laughs out loud.
“The perfect prince isn’t so perfect after all.”
“That’s what I said.” We both laugh out loud. Great minds think alike.

“I wonder how your father and your mother would feel if they hear about their son’s shenanigans.”
“I wonder what his wife would say. Pity we are just going to sit and watch when the drama unfolds because secrets have their way of coming out.” I sip on my juice.

“One day you will have to practice what you preach.” I roll my eyes. “Roll them all you want but you know I am telling the truth. You won’t be fully happy until there is transparency in your relationship.”
“Whatever gran.” I eat my burger.