Thirteen

❖ ❖ ❖ ❖

❖ ❖ ❖ ❖

Before Jordan knew it, she was fully dressed in a rush and out the door with Benny, to go tell their team.

That was the plan until Jordan's parents ran outside from seeing their daughter.

"Jordan!"
"Jordan!"
Her parents screech at her.

"Fuck me," The girl cussed.

Benny saw the two adults and knew this wasn't going to be good. "I'll meet you at the sandlot with the others. Good luck, mi amor."

Despite the uneducation of what he spoke, she playfully ignored it. "Thanks, Benjamin."

The Watts girl rolls her eyes as she jogged to her parents, who were quite pissed.

"Where the hell were you last night?" Her step-mother questioned.

"I was spending the night at Benny's."

"You spent the night——"

"Jordan, this is completely unacceptable! You are staying inside the house, right now," Her father scolds.

"W-what, no! I have to play with the boys, they-they need me——"

"Oh, hell no. You had enough play-time with Benny," sneers Anne, grabbing onto her wrist.

This made Jordan triggered, as she quickly ripped her hand away from her wrist and ran away from the two adults as they scream for her to come back.

Though that didn't matter, because now she had to deal with a more important problem — Benny v.s the beast.

"Only one kid in history had ever attempted, what Benny was about to... and he got eaten.

So we were worried... real worried... even when Benny brought out a secret weapon: shoes guaranteed to make a kid run faster and jump higher — P.F. Flyers."

Jordan bit her nails off, seeing her boyfriend out in the black high tops shoes she got him for his birthday last year; he would say that he would save them for something important this must be the day.

Everyone around the Rodriguez boy was baffled over what their friend was willing to do, over a stupid dream.

Benny began walking to go and jump over the fence until a boy came out of the crowd.