Twelve

❖ ❖ ❖ ❖

❖ ❖ ❖ ❖

"My life was over.
Just as Bill had finally warmed up to me... and asked me to be the man of the house, I had to knock a priceless chunk of history into the clutches of a monster.

Great."

Jordan made her way to her room, to go pack to stay the night at Benny's and to wash the sweat and dirt off of herself, but it was interrupted by her sister.

"Shit, what happened to you?" Angela asked.

"Oh, you know, baseball, friends, trying to outsmart a goddamn beast," The blonde answers, "I'm gonna spend the night at Benny's, okay?"

"Fine, but just so you know, Dad and Mom are gonna be home late tonight."

Jordan's body froze.
She didn't know how her father would even react to her having Benny be her boyfriend, not to mention that everyone was in a crisis into getting Ruth's ball.

This just added to her plate of worries.

"You've gotta be joking me," Jordan sighs.

"Just do what I do, make a pillow of yourself and go out the window," The sister advises, "They won't know a thing."

Nodding her head, Jordan was set for her plan: She would to follow the older Watts advice and make a body made out of her pillows, she would go out the window, and in the early morning, she would have to get back into her room to say hi to her parents.

She made her body double and packed her bag to go to Benny's and took her shower when she was going out the door, she, of course, heard the snarky remarks of her sister as she left.

"Save room for Jesus, please!"

Going into Benny's house, Marcel was the one to open the door, again.

"Hey, Jordan," He greets, "how have you been?"

"I'm just dead tired. Is it okay for me to spend the night?"

"Ah, you don't even have to ask. Lucky for you, our parents are out tonight, so it'll just be us and our Abuelito."

The girl comes into the house, walking to Benny's room, but not without saying hello to Rodriguez's grandfather.

"Hey, Mr. Rodriguez," She smiles.

"Hola, Jordan," He weakly replies, before turning back to the tv.