Five

[The Girl Who Told Her Story]

❖ •  ❖  • ❖ •  ❖

S H O R T Y

    "Wait, you've seen the Beast?" Smalls looked to his friend.

Jordan simply nodded her head, acting nonchalant as possible. "Mhm, I have the bite to prove it."

"Tell him the story, Shorty," Timmy suggested.

"Tell him the story, Shorty," Tommy copied.

The girl sat herself up when noticing that she gained all the boy's attention to her, anguish to hear her story.

So, she did as she was told, she told her story...

S M A L L S

Jordan Watts was around 10 years old when her incident happened.
It was a time where the Sandlot wasn't even formed; there was only Benny, Ham, and her.

As the girl watched her two friends mess around, she didn't notice Benny's rival, Phillips, decided to have a laugh by picking on her.

The mean boy ended up takes the girl's cap — the one that belonged to her mother gave her — and swings it in front of her, taunting her as she tries to grab it.
Of course, Ham and Benny ended up trying to save the day, yet Phillips had run away, he already flung the hat over the fence, before they could do something about it.

There, without thinking, Jordan went over to the other side of the fence to retrieve her only item that belonged to her mom.
Ham and Benny pleaded with her to stop and leave so that they wouldn't get into any trouble with the person at the home.

It was way back when the Beast wasn't a popular story. The kids haven't even heard of a thing behind the fences, they only assumed a guard dog.

Ignorantly, Jordan went down and grabbed her hat; with was only for a second of going in and out. She was about to leave without a scratch until she heard deep growls from behind her.

Suddenly, a towering furious thing — a goddamn beast — came charging to her, barking madly.
Jordan screams in fear, hurrying to get over the fence.

As she was about to pull herself over, a sharp pain came from her right leg. She kicked and screamed great bloody murder as the Beast had a loose hold on her leg. The Watts girl ended up kicking the Beast, where the creature let go of her completely, letting her escape from her utter doom.