Fourteen

❖ ❖ ❖ ❖

❖ ❖ ❖ ❖

Everyone watched in shock and disbelief, seeing the poor Scotty Smalls try his best to lift up the heavy fence, that was trapping the beast.

"Come on, guys. Help me!" He pleads.

Jordan and Benny stood still, not even sure if the boy's plan was a good idea.
The Watts girl still was shaking, holding onto her fear from the big dog, bewildered by why their friend wanted to release it.

"Benny! Jordan! Guys, help me, please! He's hurt!" Scotty begged, as the dog whimpered in pain.

The Hispanic boy turned to his girlfriend and gently let her go, walking to Smalls.

"Come on. I can't lift it."

The two boys then started to lift the fence together, having Jordan move her back to the nearest wall.

Steady and surely, the fence was lifted up, having the beast get up from where he laid and free.
The two slammed the heavy fence down, exhausted as ever.

"F-Fuck..." The blonde mutters, as her eyes widened from the massive dog standing face-to-face, with Scotty, right after.

Everyone stood still, fearing that a single move can trigger the beast into a rapid reaction.

Jordan Watts didn't hesitate to hold the pipe from earlier, almost ready to swing if the beast tried something with her or her friend.

It became a surprise when the dog started to lick Scotty's face, just like any regular dog.

The pipe was dropped, as her body crashed to the ground, from the aches of her entire system.

The beast then walked up to the girl, nudging her to get up, she held her shrieking when she felt the snout of the dog push her up, even licking her arms to get her to stand.

The girl reluctantly got up, her legs shaking from the dog to be so near, but the fear turned to confusion when the dog walked away from her, digging in another area of the junkyard.

All of the kids went over to where the dog was and all jaws dropped when seeing the paradise that the dog had for them.

Every ball ever thrown over the fence was there... all of them were here.

"Now we can play forever," smiles Benny.

Of course, the sandlot kids couldn't leave the backyard how it was, with a torn down fence and an unleashed dog, so Jordan, Scotty, and Benny were chosen to explain what had happened to Mr. Mertle.