Chapter 9.

A/N: please enjoy this long ass chapter to make up for me not updating so much lately...be warned, there are major feels in this chapter...

She stood alone at an exit off the highway. There was only a gas station placed between the pine trees. There was a single street light and that's where she stood, awaiting his arrival.

She didn't want to do this, she wasn't a fan of the task she was supposed to complete. Because the longer she was away from him, the clearer her mind became.

But she couldn't run. If she did, if she backed out, they would find her. And the consequences she would suffer from would be worse than running.

She shivered, it was the first snowfall of the year. The air was frigid and still, it was an eerie winter's night and it didn't normally snow like this before Halloween but she knew that nothing ever went according to plan. If she hadn't pushed this meeting back an extra night she wouldn't be standing under a streetlight in the snow in the dark.

She heard the roar of an engine and she knew the sound instantly. It was like knowing the footsteps of a person without even having to see them, she knew exactly who this was.

The engine cut and the driver slid off the bike. She didn't turn around, she wasn't afraid of him in the slightest. Time to put on the mask.

And pretend she was someone besides the person she really was.

She'd gotten good at that. She'd had a lifetime of practice wearing the mask, and no one saw through it.

Except for one person.

"Well, what do you know?" His voice was just as cold as the air.

"Well hello to you too, Mantice, how wonderful it is to see you again." She scoffed, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Charmed, I really am. You're still so irresistible princess, even when you're angry like this." Mantice pressed his front to her back and breathed down the back of her neck.

Resisting every urge to kick him in the balls, she swallowed the itch and turned around to face the man.

"Better be careful with what you say, heard you're in hot water." She taunted.

Mantice's steel grey eyes hardened and his jaw clenched. "Just tell me what you know."

"Oh, poor baby, using avoidance with me? Wow, I thought you knew me so well." She replied sarcastically.

"Shut it you bitch. Your father won't be happy to hear that you have given us no new information, tell me you have at least befriended the target."

"Oh I have, and her family, and her friends. I've got an in already. I work fast." She checked her nails.

"Her parents too?" Mantice was shocked.

"Shocked? I'm wounded." She mocked.

"Get on with it, and her parents too?" He asked again.

"Her parents will be...challenging. She's a piece of work though."

"Your father would be thrown off his high horse if her parents trusted you already." Mantice ran his gloved hands through his black hair.

"When will he understand that I work fast?"

"You know, with all the stalling, I bet you have nothing to tell us."

Electra whirled around and held her knife to his throat, "say that again, I dare you. Cause it would be a complete accident, if I slipped and my hand fell down your throat."