You Know I Got Ya

- A Week Later | 2 weeks until Ethan's Birthday -

- Ethan's P.O.V -

On day three, Y/N had finally woken up. There had been times where she would open her eyes for a minute or two but then drift off to sleep once again. Her health has been steady and she's talking more.

"Here's your lunch." Mark smiled and set a tray down on her lap.

Mark on the other hand is doing so much better now that his source of happiness is functioning normally. He's been stressing a lot less but I can tell he wants to talk to Y/N about everything properly. They've had small conversations about the incidents but I think he needs that closure that her and I had.

"Thanks Mark." she replied.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her. I had been sitting in a chair by her bed the whole time. Amy had gone home to take care of Chica and Spencer but stopped by as much as possible. She even FaceTimed us so that the two dogs could say "hi".

"Gosh! I really don't feel much. The antibiotics actually work this time." She smiled cheekily. "Did the doctors give the okay yet?"

"Finish your food first. You'll need the strength to heal up and be able to go on a walk later." Mark told her. She chuckled a bit and took a bite of her sandwich.

"Does it hurt to laugh?" I asked.

"Not too much. Just sore like I had an ab workout, yanno?" She replied.

"Good. I'm glad it's better."

"Me too. I really hated how bad it felt." She said continuously eating. She looked like she was very hungry. Can't blame her, poor thing is weaker than anything.

"Ethan?" Mark called for my name.

"What's up man?" I responded.

"Can I have a moment with Y/N alone?" He asked. I nodded.

"Huh?" Y/N asked.

I leaned over and kissed Y/N's cheek passionately. She only sat there stunned and confused. As I left the room, Mark came closer to her, sitting in the chair I was in previously.

- Y/N's P.O.V -

"Mark?" I asked. "What do you want to talk to me about?"

He paused for a bit. As if he was contemplating what words to describe his emotions. His eyes got weary and glistened with tears.

"I am.. so sorry." He choked.

"For what?" I asked genuinely confused.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about your brother being dead. I didn't want you to have to see your family again but at the same time I wanted you to attend his funeral."

"Mark-."

"I am sorry I didn't see how your parents were treating you. I should've said something." He cut me off. "I am sorry I let you storm off and get hit. Ethan shouldn't have had to see all of that. He has every right to hate me for ignoring your relapsed trauma. I am sorry I was such a bad brother. Andrew trusted me and I let him down... I-."

I grabbed his hand to stop him. He looked up at me with tears flowing down his cheeks. His nose was pink and runny. I hated seeing him cry.

"I love you, Mark." He was family. "You have saved my life so many times I have lost count. You have saved more lives than any god on earth. People love you. I love you! Meeting you and having you take me in as your little sister was the best thing that has ever fucking happened to me!"