What I've Been Waiting For

"Well if it's important then tell me. I'll support you either way." I added.

"I..." Ethan paused and took a deep breath. I only gave concerned looks his way.

"Everyday with you has been what seems like a never ending dream. You bring so much happiness and light to my life that's it's unbelievable! I adore everything you do, even your flaws. I feel ever since I met you in the hotel.. what? Two? Three years ago?" He joked.

"About four and a half." I added.

"Exactly! A long time!" He laughed. "Still!" He held my hands a little tighter to grab my attention.

"I have cherished every single moment since that time I literally caught you in the hallway. After that encounter, I never expected to see you again. But once I saw you again, and again, I kept remembering and reflecting on our moments just in case I'd never have the chance to spend time with you."

"When I first moved here, it was out of both of our comfort zones to spend day to day time with each other the way we did. Due to my work with Mark at the time, and you being around because you live with him, seeing you so much was different. But eventually, it became a normality. In fact, I looked forward to work! Plus, our silly movie dates and long drives!" Ethan said grinning widely.

"I've enjoyed them too! You're very fun to hang out with!" I told him.

"When you had your accident, after the first weeks I-... I thought all of our moments were over." He said with his voice choking up. I held his cheek with my hand and tried to smile.

"I really thought I lost you, Y/N. Mark was in denial after the doctors said you most likely wouldn't have made it. He came in everyday just to prove a point. I couldn't do it. I couldn't look at your lifeless face one more time because it hurt me too much to think that you probably weren't going to wake up."

Slow tears streamed down his cheeks. He stopped for a moment and let them pass through the gates of his eyes. He willingly cried in front of me. I felt horrible.

"You have changed my life in so many ways, Y/N. And I mean that wholeheartedly. I know the image you have of yourself isn't as perfect as you want it, and not everyone can be simply perfect, but for me, you are perfect for me. You have the sweetest heart and goddamnit your laugh is contagious."

Where is he going with all this? I'm getting wayyyy too flustered from this!

"Y/N I..."

"Well I...."

His face resisted and he tended up.

"Y/N! I love you!" He exclaimed.

I froze. Those three words could really get a hold on you depending on what emphasis you place into them. Out of all the times he has said that, this one felt the most sincere.

"I love you too, Ethan." I replied.

"No!" He said sharply. "You don't get it! I-I love you! I wanna be with you forever!"

"What are you?-."

"-Y/N!" He cut me off. "I want you as my girlfriend!"

Time stopped...

Reality stopped...

All that waiting had finally payed off...

The words...

The emotions...

His sincerity...

This is what I have been waiting for...

A chance...

A chance to finally have something stable...

A chance to finally have someone of my own...

Someone who is there for me, and me only...

And it was him...

It was always going to be him...

Ethan...

I couldn't hold back the tears that escaped my eyes. Ethan looked panically at me trying to calm me down. I rubbed my eyes and finally faced him. I finally faced my destiny.

"I'll be your girlfriend..." I told him.

Almost immediately, Ethan picked me up smoothly and spun me around. He tried his hardest to avoid the coffee table a few feet in front of us. A wave of fear and excitement washed over the both of us.

"This is the best day of my life!" He exclaimed before setting me back down. He held my head in his hands, looking deeply into my eyes.

"I fucking love you so much." He said before pulling me in for the most passionate kiss we have had yet. The intensity and overly excited feelings for each other made it that way.

Once he finally pulled away, he still couldn't stop smiling. Thanks to him, nor could I.

"Wait... did you get Mark's permission?" I asked panicked.

"Yes! Don't worry!" He reassured me. "He was very easy giving you up to me."

"Good, I was worried he'd give you a hard time." I said.

"So, Doe Eyes, how do you feel?" He asked.

"Doe Eyes? That's an old one!" I said.

"Still suits you well, beautiful."

"Well I feel great. Thanks for asking." I replied with a small smile.

"I'm very glad. Now, would you like to finish eating and continue watching our show? I can go get a blanket if you would like some cuddle time as well."

"I'd love that."

"Perfect. Wait here..." he paused after standing to his feet. "...baby."

With a swift wink from his hazel eyes, he hurried up the steps to the second floor. I leaned back on the couch completely dazed.

I hope I'm not dreaming.

If this is a dream

I never wanna wake up!