Preparations

- Christmas Eve -

- Y/N's P.O.V -

I was woken up by violent shakes. As if I was someone's iced coffee that needed mixed. I quickly awoke swinging my arms like a maniac propeller. I hear a groan followed by a chuckle I knew anywhere.

"Maybe she didn't hit you hard enough!" Another voice added.

"Shut it!"

I sat up, rubbing my eyes vigorously. My sight adjusted to the morning light. Standing at the end of my bed was Seán and Mark with cheesy smiles on their face. I rolled my eyes, laying back down on my side.

"That's it!" Seán said grabbing my legs. "Get up!!"

Suddenly, he completely dragged me off the bed. I fell on my side with a few giggles. I finally got up with neither of their help. Stretching to wake myself just a little bit more.

"What was the reason for this?" I asked with a yawn.

"Uh.. It's 10am and it's Christmas Eve! We have the party to get ready for!" Seán explained.

"Oh, shit! I didn't realize it was already today." I said.

"Yep! Get dressed! We have to set up." Mark said turning for the door. I stopped him.

"Wait! Is Xena coming early to help too?" I asked. Mark looked at Seán to answer. I mean, they are his partner after all. Seán turned to me.

"They're not feeling well today. I don't think they will be coming today at all." He said.

"What?!" I exclaimed. "But they seemed fine the other day!"

"I think they caught a cold from yesterday." Seán continued. "They didn't tell me much other than that they didn't feel well."

I stood their saddened. Xena did so much already to make sure this party will go smoothly and then they can't even come to enjoy it? What kind of deal is that?

"Alright. I'll text them and wish them a quick recovery." I told them. The boys nodded, leaving my room to allow me to change.

I dressed in a warm, maroon sweater with black dress jeans. I work black leather boots and kept my hair simple. I did some simple makeup for today. I grabbed my wallet and keys before leaving my room.

I walked down the hallway and past Seán and Mark who were putting the large dining table together. They looked at me with confused faces.

"Where are you going?" Mark asked.

"To get some coffee. Do you guys want anything?" I lied.

"I'm good, thanks." Seán replied. I looked over at Mark.

"No thanks!"

"Amy!" I yelled. She poked her head out from the kitchen. "Do you want anything from Starbucks?"

"Just an iced mocha please!" She requested.

"You got it!" I replied. Looks like I'm getting coffee after all. I turned on my heel towards the front door. I opened it, leaving the house, and getting into my car.

I used my gps to drive to Xena's place. I forgot they lived in the middle of nowhere. I didn't realize Cali had forests for a while. After some time, I pulled into a rock driveway in front of a old victorian styled home. Ivy grew on the sides, the frontal garden was tended to well, they were living the witchy dream apparently.

I got out of the car, shutting the door behind me. Suddenly, a black cat rubbed against my leg. It let out a sweet "meow" as it did. It followed me all the way up to her doorstep. I knocked on the door a few times.