☮︎︎ 𝗺𝗶𝗱𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝘀𝗻𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗿𝘂𝗻 + 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗴𝘆 ☮︎︎

i'm woken up about 45 minutes later by a gentle squeeze from tommy, i groan, sitting up and opening my eyes slowly to an empty car besides tommy and i.

".. where is everyone else?" i ask, unbuckling myself.
"they. are up putting our bags in the hotel, they left me here to wake you up."

i nod, "what time is it?" i ask, noticing the world outside is dark, besides the exception of the hotel lights. "it's 11:45, everyone has been in there for about ten minutes."

i nod once more, "i'm hungry..." i groan, releasing my grip on his hand to run my fingers through my hair.

"hangon.." he sighs, i see him do something on his phone, and he turns to me, "just texted wilbur, i've got the keys, cmon we are going to the dollar store down the street."

my eyes widen, and i jump out of the car quickly, hopping into the front seat and buckling up. tommy follows suit, hopping in the front and buckling up, "hook your phone up to the aux, it's a ten minute drive." he says, giving me a grin and handing me the aux cord.

i smile, plugging in my phone and starting to play 505 by arctic monkeys. i open my window and tommy's with the master switch on my side. the roof window opens too and i laugh, sticking my hands in the air. screaming along with the lyrics as we went down the empty highway. i feel rain starting to come through the roof window but i don't care.

"i'm going back to 505-

i hear tommy scream the lyrics along with me

if it's a seven hour flight

tommy's hand is on my leg

or a fourty five minute drive

we are pulling into the dollar general.

in my imagination,

tommy turns to me, and i turn to him, i see him give me an up and down glance.

you're waiting, lying on your side,

tommy unlocks our doors and we step out into the pouring rain, i prop my phone up for a video and he grabs me by the hands and we dance wildly.

with your arms between your thighs,

he spins me around with his hand above my head as we laugh our asses off.

and a smile."

i laugh, pulling tommy into a hug. we stay there for awhile, until the song ends. when it does he locks the car and we go inside, i'm practically pulling him behind me by his hand. we find ourselves in the candy isle first, he shoves a bag of lollipops, sour strips, and peach rings into the basket, and i grab some butterscotch and rolos. we head to the drinks next, tommy grabs a classic monster and a water, while i grab a raspberry peace tea and an ultra red monster. we wander around the store for a bit, i shove stickers and two popsicles into the basket and tommy walks to the front to pay for it while i walk out to the car with the keys. i open the trunk, pushing up the door so we could sit inside. suprisingly there were some blankets and pillows already, so i set them up to make a little fort.

a couple minutes later tommy hops into the back of the car, setting the bag down and taking out his snacks, then smiling at me and handing me mine.

we snack for awhile, making small talk and sharing our candy.

"so why don't your parents live with you..? tommy asks, taking a sip of his monster.

i gulp, propping myself up on my hands, "they died a couple years back. tubbo's family was always so close with us, so in their will they left that i would be under the care of his parents. so we are technically siblings i suppose. the house is pretty cheap, i never use much electricity or water. so."

i watch his face drop, his hand reach toward me but drop in utter shock, just as i had so many other times before.

"it was a murder." i say. a tear falling down my cheek. "i was supposed to be there. i was supposed to go to. to the movies. i was too sick though, i could barely walk. so they went by themselves. i didn't even say bye, the note is still on the fridge" i choke out. tommy lunges forward, wrapping me in a hug. he runs my back and whispers comforting things to me as we rock from side to side.

"i'm sorry" i finally sniffle after a few moments. i pull away from him, tucking my hair behind my ears and crossing my arms across my stomach.

"don't be." he responds, pressing his hands against my cheeks and wiping away my tears. "we should go back to the hotel." he says, and i nod. we get back in the front seat and begin the ten minute drive back.

i didn't realize i had even fallen asleep until i felt tommy lift me out of the car. he carries me for awhile, before setting me in what i assume is a bed and presses a light kiss to my forehead.

"goodnight cassidy." i hear, along with footsteps and a gentle plop beside me on the bed.

a/n:
ur welcome for the cute content hello ily