"But it will break her heart..." she answered back looking at her papers again.

Law just signed annoyed as he was busy enough to deal with the girl's softness.

He was sure she had already the guts to handle it herself or else he wouldn't leave this case on her hands.

Law knew about Cynthia's condition by running some tests even before the girl starts working at the small clinic. However, he wasn't sure about the results at that time so he asked for some more specific tests to be done too.

*I guess she just needs a small push...*, he thought and looked her at the eyes, piercing her with his gaze.

"Elga-ya, medicine is not only mild injuries and flus, we have to deal with difficult situations too and what you are about to do is a part of your job and so as the therapeutic plan you will schedule for your patient." he said keeping a serious tone in his voice.

The girl didn't say anything for response but just lowered her head and sighed in an effort to feel her lungs a bit less heavier.

"After all you were the one whining over taking a more difficult case..." Law teased her placing a smirk on his lips.

Elga looked at him with a determined glare and turned her body, walking towards the room where Cynthia's bed was located.

The boy amused walked off so as to continue his job while the girl closed the door behind her in order to keep the conversation with her patient in private.

"Hello Miss Cynthia how are you today?" Elga asked smiling at the young woman in front of her.

"I'm doing fine Dr. Elga! Are my results finally out?" she replied sitting on her bed.

"Well I do have the tests on my hands but I need you to be brave enough..."

With this sentence Cynthia's lips created a thin line and her expression darkened.

She didn't have a good feeling about the outcome and those symptoms she observed the past months wished to be completely unimportant.

But Elga's expression showed something different.

"Cynthia you suffer from leukemia. However if we begin immediately the therap..." Elga started to say but Cynthia interrupted her.

"I'm not doing the therapy."

The red haired woman harshly said.

"B-but there are many possibilities of getting over this disease with the correct medical cocktail and..."

"I'm not gonna give hopes to myself and then just die!" that's all she answered and jumped from her bed, grabbing her things and walking with big steps towards the exit of the clinic.

Elga chased after her for a while but once the woman stepped outside of the building the girl just stood there looking at the door closing slowly in front of her.

~...~

The brunette entered the doctors' office in a really bad mood and Law who was sitting behind his desk noticed it.

However, he decided not to speak and continued his paperwork.

Elga wandered inside the room nervously, trying to think of a solution until her feet instinctively leaded her in front of Law's desk.

"I guess it didn't go so well, huh?" he commented without taking his eyes off his papers.

"She refused the treatment! Can you imagine it?!" the girl answered furious.